Birthdays on Fridays

[still need some editing]

Dan

Friday. I love Fridays, it's the end of the week for our company, our rest day. Usually I spend Fridays hanging out at home with Sam, and doing some chores outside, but today I'm invited to a birthday party. Mr. Keen's birthday party.

Although he didn't directly invite Sam, but I told Sam that he invited him, then I called mr. Keen telling him if I could bring someone with me, he said 'if the one you're bringing isn't your date then it's okay, hahaha' hahahaha hilarious.

As usual I wake up early in the morning and Sam wakes up in the afternoon, waiting for him to wake up, I spent the morning cleaning his room while he slept in the living room, afraid if he wakes up finding his room not cleaned yet he wouldn't come with me. There is no need for him there, but in case I wanted an excuse to leave, Sam is perfect at making one of those.

In the process of cleaning my mind becomes clear of all thoughts too, I lose track of time grabbing garbage bags out of Sam's room, I become dirty and sweaty, but still with energy filled in me and thoughts leaving my mind, I drag two big garbage bags filled with leftovers, empty cans and wasted products down the stairs from the third floor to the dumpster behind the building's entrance.

And as I climb my way back to my apartment, I hear the elevator's music playing, fuck they fixed it. Still I don't take the elevator, since I didn't take it with the big garbage bags what's the use of using it now? Besides I still have energy burning inside of me as I said.

When I entered the apartment again, Sam was up sitting on the sofa, burying his head into his laptop.

"Take a shower now so I can have hot water for later."

He said while typing on his device like a maniac.

"You're inspired all of a sudden for your next project?"

I have never seen him so hyped up in a long time.

"No, I'm just stalking your boyfriend and his people, do you know that the party is being held in one of his uncle's hotels outside the city? It's an hour ride from here."

He said it with the most calm voice, like he's not doing anything strange stalking people.

"You promised you'll come, I cleaned your room already."

"Alright alright, I didn't say I'm not coming, jeez."

He threw his laptop away and went to his room. I didn't hear a 'thanks' from him but I know he is surprised of how clean his room is.

I went to take a long shower, washing off all the filth that Sam had built in his room, and the emptiness of the bathroom filled with my thoughts, the sound of raining water on my skin became silent as all I could hear is mr. Keen's voice calling my name. Today is mr. Keen's birthday, I don't know what's going to happen today, I want everything to sort out by themselves without me worrying.

When I left the shower and went to my room I found a black suit laying on my bed, I called Sam and when he came he stood next to the door.

"Wear this suit today, it's better than all your clothes." He said.

What a show off fucker.

"It's embarrassing wearing your clothes, mr. Keen can smell you on me."

I said it without thinking and on Sam's face a disgusted expressions were portrayed.

"You disgusting mother fucker, I never wore it before it's new, you know what! Give it back I changed my mind."

I picked the suit and hid it behind my back smiling, if he didn't wear it before then I can wear it first, "thank you" I said.

Sam dragged his feet inside and landed on my bed.

"Anyway, did you get him a present?"

A present?

Oh fuck, if only I didn't block my mind from thinking.

"You didn't, huh? Well who cares, don't bring him anything, it's better than buying him some cheap stuff he won't use."

It's true, I can't think of anything I could give that is affordable with my budget, but shit is embarrassing going to a birthday party without a gift. Fuck.

There was no time to think of something to give or buy, so maybe I'll figure something out soon, maybe tell him I lost his present in the taxi, he would believe me.

Time passed by quicker than I thought, me and Sam started to jump around getting ready like two teenage omega girls getting ready for a double date with two alpha boys, I heard all kind of insults from Sam but I endured, in the end I pressured him to shave his beard, I'm not taking a homeless raccoon with me.

Why a raccoon? Cause the dark circles around his eyes are darker than the black suit he gave me.

Sam still gave me the same attitude the whole way to the hotel, sitting in the taxi on the highway road away from the city and Sam not closing his big mouth whining about everything and anything while smoking the whole way through, the taxi driver who is not to my surprise an alpha, decided to suffocate us with his pheromones so Sam could stop suffocating us with his smoke. It worked, Sam stopped smoking and even better stopped talking, but at what cost? Now I smell like smoke and pheromones again, fuck this world.

Sam supposedly stopped smoking, but when he gets restless which happens most of the time, even though I don't know why he is restless now, he goes back to smoking. He said that alphas and omegas can hurt us temporarily with their pheromones but we can hurt them forever with the second hand smoking, crazy but true.

When we arrived we were stopped at the entrance of the hall, maybe the idea of two betas coming here is still strange, or maybe the staff don't know us cause we are not famous, but as soon as I gave them my name they escorted me to a table that was placed next to the balcony.

"What a change of hospitality."

Sam scoffed as he carried himself out to the balcony to smoke, leaving me sitting in my place looking at the the strange beautiful people around me enjoying their time. Most of them are alphas and omegas that I figured just by a glance, or by the fact that they are celebrities and their genders are known and I might be a fan of a few of them.

Now I know why Sam hated the idea of coming, why he is standing in the balcony in this cold weather instead of enjoying his time, he hated alphas and omegas so much, but mostly he hated some famous people from art industry that happen to be present today.

I catch a glimpse of a man standing next to the stage surrounded by people, it's mr. Keen. He is wearing a black suit just like me.