Roof

Dan

My brother and Matt sat facing each other. I stood aside not knowing whether to sit next to my brother or my boyfriend.

The grocery my brother bought laid next to him.

"How were you able to come here?"

"The hospital wrote me a permit. I'm an alpha for now."

He showed me the paper with hospital stamp hanging by his hand. But his eyes still fixed on Max.

"For now?" Max asked.

"I'm gonna cut the glands off." Jack replied as if it's a common sens.

The doctors did a minor surgery to make him able to release his pheromones. But he still wants to get rid of them after all.

"Why would you do that?"

Max was too relaxed around my own brother. I wished he could be more considerate. Maybe cause they are alphas?

"So you're Dan's alpha, huh?" Jack's face showed derision. He spread his arms around the sofa and shout me a look.

"For some reason I thought your alpha is a female. But in the end it doesn't really matter. All alphas have dicks after all."

I hid my face behind my hand hiding the disappointment I felt. When I looked again at them. They were still smiling at me.

"So how old are you, Max?"

"33."

"You're only two years younger than me, wow."

"You don't look 35."

I didn't understand Max at that point. Was he trying to be nice or getting on his nerves. He was smiling the whole time but he had his guards up.

"You're 6 years older than Dan. Hmm.. that's a big age gap."

"It's alright." I said winking at my brother to stop.

But he gave Max a sly smile.

"What does your family think? Dan is a beta. Not many families would accept that."

I looked Max waiting for his answer too. He never talked about his family. He seemed very serious but I thought he should tell them even if he's an adult. After all he is a keen.

"Not yet."

He simply answered. The smile on his face disappeared.

Jack stood up. He walked to the kitchen taking the grocery bags with him. "Dan? Come for a second."

"Oh, okay."

I followed Jack without saying another word.

"Are you sure?" Jack said as soon as I entered the kitchen. "You're not a kid, I can't intervene but are you really sure?"

"I am."

"You know he has a dick, right?"

"Do you think I'm blind? Stop mentioning dicks, please."

I became disappointed more and more with my own brother.

"What do you mean not blind? You saw it?"

If I tell him I saw my boyfriend genitalia would could he possibly do?

"Jack, he's filthy rich!"

I said but he wasn't moved.

"Oh my god Jack! Why did you even come here for?"

My brother sighed. My words disappointed him but it didn't break my heart.

"I came for Sam. After what happened to him I thought he needed company. Where is he anyway?"