I Accept Your Feelings

Dan

It's amazing how my prospective of mr. Keen has changed since I got to know him better, how this cold looking man I'm staring at right now is so different from the man I knew months ago.

He has the same aura still, standing in the middle of a crowd of people but still stands out, the same fading smiling on his lips but now it feels more gentle to me, the same sharp voice that I can hear and recognize while being meters away but it feels more soothing than it used to be, the same sad and dangerous eyes but now they are charming me, it's amazing how I started to like him more and more as a person.

I keep staring at him, like a child staring at toy at a store wanting his parents to buy it for him, I'm waiting for him to notice me, and he does notice me.

He was welcoming his guests, a small man stood in front of him, mr. Keen bowed a little so he can hear what the man was saying, a laugh I could hear came out of his mouth, and when mr. Keen lifted his head his eyes met mine, the smile grew bigger on his lips, he whispered something into the little man's ear putting his hand on his small shoulder before making his way towards me.

I stood up from my chair and walked towards him too, we met halfway.

"Happy birthday."

"Thank you."

Mr. Keen had a genuine smile on his lips, he got closer to me and I could smell the sweet perfume he's wearing, it made me think that he looked more beautiful today, even though he is equally beautiful every day.

"I'm glad you came."

"Yes."

I stood in front of him, but facing the ground felling like I'm embarrassed of something, maybe from the gift I never brought, I moved my sight from his shiny shoes to his shiny watch back to his face.

"I brought my flatmate, my friend Sam. He is on the balcony now."

"Really? I'd be happy to meet him."

A tall figure stood next to us, so close invading our shared personal space, I looked up to see mr. Keen's cousin, Ed.

"Meet him later Max, that fucker arrived."

The keens excused themselves and left, I was looking at their backs leaving, when a sudden pain hit my heart and tears gathered in my eyes, I didn't know why but I was overwhelmed, I looked around and noticed how I'm drowning in the crowd surrounding me, and when mr. Keens perfume lost its effect on me, my nose started to pick the strong unpleasant scent of pheromones trying to seek dominance on each other, that what made me realize that the change of my mood is might be due to these pheromones.

I left my place to the balcony where Sam is. He was smoking, a couple stood not far from him, they were flirting, the woman looked in her late twenties had a pink dress on and put her hair in a messy pun but her hair looked elegant, on the back of her neck there was a swollen bite mark that her pair touched from time to time, it looked painful.

I stood next to Sam who was giving them his back, with his left elbow leaning on the fence.

"That girl behind me with that big alpha boy is marked." He said.

"Okay." I said while my hand slid through the interior of his jacket, taking the pack of cigarettes out of the inner pocket.

"She is a beta, I know her from somewhere. To think that betas can go to such extents to be considered loving, that's not how betas show love, this is disgusting. No, actually.. she is just trying to fit in and it's even more disgusting."

He lit up my cigarette and we smoke in silent. I share the same thought as him here, betas don't need bite marks that will bruise and fade away and do nothing but pain to our bodies, this kind of romance isn't my thing.

The time passed with me being surprised on how it passed, I didn't make many scenarios on how the night might go, but I didn't expect it to go the way it did, I barely saw mr. Keen, I didn't do much other than sitting on my chair with Sam sitting silently with hate in his eyes, for me this party sounded more like a show of fashion and business meetings, anything but an actual birthday party.

The cake was cut, mr. Keen gave his speech and the crowd started to leave. Me and Sam sat in complete shock, I don't know whether to feel bad cause I felt like I came for nothing or cause I didn't actually try to go and find mr. Keen. I didn't know what's the point of me coming.

Sam left me again to smoke also again, and this time I decided to go and see mr. Keen.

I asked the security that were standing in every corner I laid my eyes on, but none told me where to find him, he seemingly left the party, a maid saw how troubled I am and surprisingly told me where to find him.

"He has a suite here, I wrote you the number on this paper."

She gave it to me and I left the party to his suite on this hotel, when I found it I knocked on the door and Ed opened the door for me.

"Mr. Keen! I'm sorry but I thought I'd be finding mr. Keen here, I mean the other mr. Keen."

He opened the door all the way, and mr. Keen's figure appeared sitting on a chair giving us his back, even though he noticed my presence, he didn't move. Ed left and I entered closing the door behind me.

I walked to him and stood besides the chair, put my hand on his shoulder and smiled as he looked at me and smiled back.

"Tough night party boy?"

"Haha, not at all."

"I came to say goodbye before I leave."

"Already?"

I mean yeah! It's not like I'm going to be the last one to leave and close the doors behind, it's not my job, is it?

Mr. Keen put his hand on the hand I placed over his shoulder, he squeezed it tight and tilted his head so he could put his cheek over my fingers that were left out of his grip.

"I'm sorry, I know these kind of birthdays aren't your cup of tea, and I didn't plan to be so busy, I thought I'd be having more time with you."

Awww he is so cute.

I released my hand, taking it back to myself in my pocket.

Nah he is not that cute.

"You don't need to call me mr. Keen, you know."

I prefer the formality.

"I heard you call Ed by mr. Keen too, so you don't need to call me by that anymore if it confuses you."

His eyes moved from looking at me to gazing at the carpet, he crossed his fingers together and arched his back, he looked tired from a long day. A lock of hair fell on his forehead and I brushed it back.

"You wanna see my gift?" I said.

He looked at me with his eyes lighting up, and with a delightful tone he asked if I really got him a present.

I stood facing him, put my hands on the armrests of his chair, leaning all my weight on them, arching my back so our heads meet on the same level.

He looked at my eyes with surprise, but waiting for his present, until I shortened the distance between our lips till they met.

A brief kiss fell on his lips before I stood back. That was my present, an acception to his feelings.

AN/

I forgot I named the other Keen by the name Ed, now I regret it.