chapter two

Walking straight to the mini bar in my home, I quickly made myself a tequila neat

Walking straight to the mini bar in my home, I quickly made myself a tequila neat. I knew I should be in bed, but sleep was the last thing on my mind. The only thing present was her.

Natalia.

I walked over and sat on the couch pulling out my phone, typing in her name on Instagram. I didn't know what I expected to find, I didn't even know her last name and as it turned out, Natalia was a very common name. This was my problem, I got obsessed quickly, only to get over it in the same thought. I shook my head and quickly downed my tequila, deciding Natalia would be nothing but someone to distract me from how lonely I was again. I had one weeks worth of her services and then I would be on to the next.

 I had one weeks worth of her services and then I would be on to the next

"Vera, come on wake up." I heard a voice say, taking the covers off of me and I instantly curled into a tighter ball, groaning.

"I bring a chocolate croissant and an iced matcha," said the voice that I now recognized as my best friend, Anthony.

"Keep talking." I mumbled into the pillow.

He chuckled, "A thirty minute massage."

"Sold!" I said, holding up my hand and he knocked it down softly.

"How many did you have last night?" He asked, moving up to sit against the headboard. I peeked up at him, finally deciding to sit up. I groaned, maneuvering myself and resting my head on the headboard, looking over at him. Tony was the only person who knew what I really did. He hated every moment of it, but he never judged.

"Just one actually, and we didn't even do anything. We just...talked." I said as he handed me my matcha and my croissant.

"What? Did he have limp dick or something?" He raised an eyebrow and I cackled.

"You know, he was wasted so he might have, but no, that wasn't the reason. He...just wanted to talk." I shrugged sipping on my drink, "He even paid up front of an entire week....of just talking, obviously ma doesn't know that."

"Hmm, can I get a hint as to who he is?" He said biting into his croissant and wiggling his brows at me causing me to laugh.

"Tony, you already know I can't. You aren't even supposed to know what ma and I do." I said, and he groaned.