Chapter 12

Belle woke up the next day before Daisy even got to her room. She was anxious. As much as before she was apprehensive about the fact that she was finally turning 18, literally from day to night she got extremely excited. It was as if those fears had all evaporated the moment the clock struck midnight, turning July 9th. Perhaps was the country air that someway calmed her worries. Or perhaps
the party that would take place that night, was the reason for all this happiness. She always loved parties. But she did't know for sure. All she knew was that she wanted to get out of her room and enjoy her day. After about ten minutes Daisy entered her room, carrying a bouquet in her hands.

- Good morning Belle.

- Good morning Daisy.

- Happy Birthday, miss. Someone let this on front of your door this morning - The blonde maid informed, placing the bouquet on top of her bed before she headed to the curtains.

Belle then crawled to the edge of the bed to pick up the bouquet and she gasped as she stopped to analyze it. Eighteen red roses. Her favorites. Yes, it's cliché, and roses are probably half the female population's favorite flower, but there is no way, red roses (along with lilies and tulips) were her favorite flowers and period.
- Wow but those flowers are quite ravishing! Who sent them? - Belle asked curiously, before taking the card and opening it. And there it was, the mysterious flower sender.

" One flower to another flower. Eighteen flowers for your eighteen beautiful years of life. Happy Birthday, Ma Belle - Anthony"

- Well, considering the current red color of your cheeks, I believe you've already figured out who your secret admirer is. I have to say, Mr. Bridgerton has an exquisite taste.

- He does - The brunette said dreamily before widening her eyes in realization and asking - Wait, how did you know it was Anthony who sent them?

- Your cheeks and your smile gave it all away.

- What do you mean? - Belle asked embarrassed, looking down to try to hide her blushing face.

- Nothing. It's just that you always have this silly smile when you're taking about him, and almost every time this smile comes accompanied by a blush on your cheeks - The blonde said, making a sign with her hand for the girl to come and sit on the chair at the dressing table to get her hair done - But its alright and completely normal. But, if you let me say miss, it was very sweet of him to do this.

- Yes, it was - The birthday girl nodded with a dreamy smile while getting out of bed and going to sit on the chair, then frowning she asked - Although, do you think that he also notices this? The silly smile that you said?

- I don't think so. I mean, men tend to be terribly oblivious.

The brunette sighed in relief:
- Thanks God.

- Well, what are we doing to do on your hair today? After all it has to be something special.

- Perhaps we can make it half loose. And perhaps we can even use the flowers in my hair.

- That's an excellent idea - Daisy praised, reaching for the comb and taking two flowers off the lovely bouquet - And you can use your red dress to match.

Belle nodded in satisfaction. The day was just beginning.

 The day was just beginning