Chapter 8

- Turn off that fire now Benedict!

- I'm trying!

Belle turned away awkwardly.
- I will...um...see if the butter is fine.

- Good idea.

- You...finish to whisk this - The Whitmore girl said, scratching the back of her neck before walking away to check on the butter.

As Belle approached the stove, Daphne said, bearing an extremely proud smile:
- I think that we didn't burn it this time.

- Wow! This butter looks absolutely perfect! Well done! - Belle congratulated, pointing to the pot that contained a beautiful brown butter.

- Yes - Benedict said, before kneeling down, and lifting his' hand for his' sister to do a high five - We rock, sister.

- Now we have to mix it with the chocolate and a little pinch of salt - Belle informed the Bridgerton duo. Then looking that Francesca had already finished her job, and was sitting in a table with Eloise, the Whitmore girl exclaimed - Francesca, come here help Daphne to mix the chocolate that Colin chopped in the butter.

Francesca beamed, and quickly as lightning, she got out of the chair as ran to the stove. Belle then gave her a wooden spoon for her too mix, and picked her up so she could reach the counter. Benedict did the same thing to Daphne, so it would be easier for her to mix.

- Eloise, can you please go check on Anthony and see if he's not doing anything wrong please?

- I do not need supervision! - Anthony protested from the other side of the kitchen - I'm doing quite well here. In fact, I think I even might have a natural talent for cooking.

- Says the man who said just an hour ago that cooking isn't a "manly thing" - the 7 year old Eloise stated matter of factly, as she walked towards her brother, to inspect his work, even against his' will.

Anthony turned to them with an expression that seemed to be part annoyed and part ironic.
- Someone remind me to buy Eloise a muzzle. And one for Belle, too.

- For me?! - Belle asked, sounding deeply insurgent.

- I would already be at the store anyway - he said good-naturedly - Besides, you have one of the sharpest tongues I've ever seen. I'm sure that if you ever swallow your own tongue you'll die, due to the high levels of acid of it.

- Oh, you're so witty Anthony - Belle ironized - You've almost made me laugh. But do try harder next time.

- Uh, why so feisty, Ma Belle?

She rolled her eyes, then turning back to the mixture of the chocolate and the butter she said:
- I think it's mixed well enough, girls. Good job. Does any of you know if there's coffee powder in here?

- Why would you possibly need coffee powder? - Daphne asked, frowning in confusion.

- To add to the mixture of course. It helps to intensify the chocolate flavor. Just like the salt.

- I think we do. I can look for it in the pantry, if you'd like - Colin, who was doing nothing at the moment, offered.

- I appreciate it, Colin. Then you just add half a tea spoon of coffee and a pinch, just a pinch of salt. All of you that are unoccupied can help with this. In the meantime I' ll check if Anthony really didn't messed up the thing.