Chapter 10

- We're here

The waterfall was exactly the way she remembered it. With crystalline waters and lots of colorful vegetation around, it was a beautiful (and almost unreal) sight to behold. It looked almost like an oasis, it was so beautiful. She remembered when she came as a little girl, when Violet and her mother still joined them. When her father was still alive, and also joined this adventure. This was all before Colin was even born. Anthony, Benedict, Nicholas, Belle and William had a great time swimming and playing their favorite game; "water war". Belle remembered how difficult it was for mothers to get their children out of the water, because once they were in, they didn't want to get out. After puberty, Belle was forbidden to enter the water, as men could not see her without a dress (since when she was little, her mother wore a sash over her breasts and a small skirt, to cover her most intimate parts). So every time she went, she just watched the boys having fun, while she could only get her feet wet. But today she would finally be able to get inside the water again; and she couldn't be more excited.
- Beautiful isn't it? - Anthony said, as he watched intently the girl's reaction to the breathtaking landscape.

- Absolutely - she nodded. It was as if the turquoise lake was hypnotizing Belle.

- Well, I just realized that we don't have enough wood to make the fire. Benedict will come with me to get more. In the meantime Belle, can you stay and prepare the picnic, please? Stay with her, Anthony - Edmund declared, picking his' bag from the floor and walking into the woods.

- Of course, Uncle Ed.

- Alright, Father.

Belle then opened the basket and took the traditional plaid picnic tablecloth, and spread it out in the clearing near the entrance to the waterfall pool. She chose not to leave the food exposed, for fear of attracting animals or insects. Meanwhile, Anthony took off his white shirt, his' vest and his' navy blue overcoat, and was left only in a tank top and shorts. He then, without thinking twice, jumped into the water. And what wonderful water. It was surprisingly warm and had the perfect depth. It wasn't deep enough that Anthony or even Belle couldn't get their foot in the bottom, but it wasn't shallow enough either, that they couldn't jump into the water without getting hurt. After a good dive, when Anthony came to the surface he exclaimed:
- Belle! Forget the bloody towel! You need to get into that water. It is simply wonderful!

She couldn't help but laugh at Anthony's enthusiasm.
- I'm coming, I just need to take off my dress.

Anthony then, understanding the message, turned his back to give the girl privacy to take off her clothes.
- I'm ready.

Anthony then turned around, and came across a pink dot in the middle of the forest. Her bathing suit was a very light pink, so light that he almost thought it was white. The suit also had a skirt of a slightly darker pink that stopped at his knees. She looked really cute. But before the Bridgerton boy could say anything about the girl's outfit, she ran off with a huge smile plastered on her face and jumped into the water.
- Wow this is amazing! - Belle declared, finally pulling her head out of the water and wiping her eyes - How I missed this!

Anthony chuckled at the girl.
- I'm happy you're satisfied. Although you didn't even gave me time to give my opinion on your authorial bathing suit before jumping in the water - he noted, swimming in the girl's direction

- And what may I ask you have to say about my bathing suit? - she asked, crossing her arms and lifting up her eyebrows.

- That you look pretty, and that you look like a ballerina. All in pink. And it reminded me with me when you used to dance Ballet. Why did you drop it?

- How do you even remember this? - Belle asked, trying to avoid this topic. But Anthony clearly didn't understood that, because he continued.

- Of course I do. That's how we came up with the nickname Bellarina. I remember you used to dance around everywhere. You looked like a gazelle on fire.