It Begins Again

Severus and I went directly to Voldemort to report, then made our way to my house where Remus and my kids were waiting. Sirius, Jessie, Chris, Sherry, Jason and Billy were also there. As soon as the door shut, Severus rounded on me.

"You knew! You knew he was there!" Severus yelled.

"I did."

"How could you do that to me! He's never going to speak to me again thanks to you! Why are you so determined to ruin everything good in my life!" Severus yelled.

I shrugged and nodded my head in the direction of Sirius. "I'm positive Sirius feels the same way. You're stuck here with me so you might as well get over it. Shall we?

I headed into the kitchen where the others were waiting. Severus slowly followed. Sirius was up on his feet, wand pointing at me, Remus stepped in front of me. "You're not going to hurt her Padfoot. Put your wand away."

"Move Remus. Enough is enough! She just keeps killing over and over. No more." Sirius growled.

"Let him do it Remus." I said.

"No! She does what she has to do! You know that. She wouldn't have done it if she didn't need to." Remus growled back.

"How can you stand by her? How can you protect her? If it were you on the line, she'd let you die." Sirius yelled.

"No she wouldn't, nor would she just let you die. You need to trust her." Remus said calmly.

"Trust her!? How could I possibly trust her? Even Severus agrees with me. It's time for her to die."

I pushed Remus behind me. "Remus enough, take the kids and go with him or I'll leave. We are in the middle of a war! I'm not going to let you lose your best friend because of me. Any one of us could be dead tomorrow, don't waste what time we have left fighting each other."

"If I die tomorrow, I'd rather my last moments be spent with my wife and children."

At that moment, the floo went off and Harry stepped out. He didn't look at me nor Severus. I could see the tears coming down his face as he ran off to his room. I wanted to go after him, but I stayed where I was. I knew there was no way I could make this better for him. I looked at Sirius.

"Sirius go to him. You're his Godfather and right now, you're all he thinks he has." I said and Sirius nodded and went after Harry.

"So, what do we do now?" Jason asked in the silence that followed.

"By the time the next term starts, Voldemort will also be in control of the ministry. This war is about to get pretty bad. I want Harry, Hermione and Ron in hiding. Make sure it's done. Voldemort is going to be after them three more then he has been. We have all the Horcuxe but one. Hopefully Harry will be able to figure it out soon." I said and Jason and Billy nodded.

"How come it's up to Harry to find them? He is just a kid." Billy stated.

"Now that, is a long story. Remus, I'm not going to make you decide between me and Sirius, I'll be home at nights, so make sure it's safe for me." I said and Remus nodded and hugged me.

Harry walked back through and stopped in front of me. "Uncle Sirius says I should trust you, that you only did it because you had to. I can't do that right now. I won't kill you, but when this war is over, I never want to see you again."

I nodded. "No worries Harry, let's just get through this war the best we can for now."
Harry nodded, then hugged me. "How can I feel so many mixed emotions about you."
I didn't say anything to him. He then walked over to Severus and hugged him. "I never knew I could hate someone so much, and love them just the same."