Chapter 14 Demonstration

Joss: We're coming to live from detriot where thousands of androids are marching through the city at this very moment. The leader of the deviants, the one they call Y/N, is at the head of the march.

Y/N POV:

I was with the remaining androids and I see the camp. I look at Chloe and she nods. I deactivate my skin and we all start to walk towards the camp. As we got closer, I see them... My family.

"...Shit..."

Chloe: is that your family?

"Yeah..."

Swat 1: Surrender immediately or we will open fire! ...Stand by!

We all stop and I yell,

"We don't want to fight! We are protesting peacefully!"

Swat 1: I repeat: surrender now or we will open fire!

That's when two trucks came blocking our exit. We are trapped.

Markus: There's no turning back now.

"We ask that you cease all aggression against me and my people and release our people! We are not going to fight... but we will not stop until our people are free."

We all then started to walk towards the camp as the military fires at us. Some of us got hit and died but we continued to move until we stopped. I see my families shocked faces trying to talk down the military. I raise my hands and the others follow as well.

"Are you still gonna open fire at us even though we are protesting peacefully!?"

There was a stand off until we hear,

Swat 1: All teams hold your fire!

We lower our hands and Chloe ask,

Chloe: What now?

"We need to hold out until our demands are met."

Me and the other androids made a small base we can use. We made it out of cars, trucks, dumpsters, planks, etc. I was pushing a car and Chloe helped me. After we got it in place, we climbed the barricade.

Chloe: It's not much but it will do.

Simon: Let's hope it buys us some time.

I entered our base and went to support my people. I lit small fire barrel and people gathered around it for warmth. I saw an android and Markus went to talk with him. I went towards the journalist. I ordered the two androids to pick up the rods and place them when they did a big blue screen appeared and I wrote a message.

'Equal Rights for Androids'

After I was done, I found a flag with our symbol and I planted it in the middle. I then sat down and Chloe joined me.

Chloe: You seem tense.

"I'm scared... Tonight will determine the future of our people. We will either live to see the future or die trying..."

Chloe: I know how you feel. I'm scared as well but our people who have died to get us this far... They would want us to keep going.

Chloe then reaches for my hand and our skin deactivates and we lean in.

North: Y/N! Y/N, come look!

We stop and we get up and go to North. We see my family approaching the barricade.

D/N: Y/N! I wanna talk.

North: Don't go... It's a trap.

Chloe: How do you know?