Chapter 45 - What are we going to do?

Comenzar desde el principio

"I got in."

I jump with the loud scream my mom lets out and in seconds I'm engulfed in their embrace.

I allow myself to cry, holding them tight. I feel so happy right now, that I can barely describe it.

"We're so proud of you, Alex." My mom kisses my cheek and my dad pulls me to him seconds later.

"We're always proud of you." He says and I feel the happy tear on my face.

"I love you so much."

After a final hug, we agree to properly celebrate the next day because we're all tired from the events of tonight, so I go to my bedroom.

I thought I was going straight to bed, but how could I after opening that letter?

I grab my laptop and laying on my bed, I go to Boston University's website to open the platform where I can see the Approved status.

I'm so, so, so stupid, I almost lost the college of my dreams because of my insecurity.

I read everything in there and my heart stops the moment I see the due date to enroll and submit all my info is tomorrow.

Shit.

This is going to be a long night.

.........................

I go down the stairs looking like a zombie. If that makes it any better, my parents look the same.

After I realized I had close to zero time to confirm my application and send my information to BU, I ran to their room to ask for their help.

I obviously didn't have all the papers they asked, so my mom was the go to person. Thank God she's so organized to the point she knows exactly where everything is.

Need birth certificate? Second drawer on the left. Kindergarten record? Third drawer. You name it, she knows. Amem, mom.

I wouldn't know where to start.

That means that they went to bed as late as I did and this morning we're all crazy tired. At least it's weekend, so we got to sleep in until late.

"I hope this is a good lesson for you, Alex. If you checked the application online, it could have avoided us having to do this at 1am." My dad gets so cranky when he is sleep deprived, but I can't blame him. It's totally my fault.

"I know and I'm sorry, dad. I learned the lesson, I promise." I give him a sweet kiss on the cheek. "I'm really happy though."

I feel a pit in my stomach to think that I'll be leaving my parents soon, but it's a dream come true. I'll be leaving my entire life behind and for that, I feel a bit sad.

Is it normal to have so many mixed feelings about this? I'm excited and scared and sad and happy all at the same time.

I think of Lilly who is going to NYU and well, Bennett. We're literally going to opposite sides of the country.

I can't help but think of everything that happened yesterday at the play and the dinner.

I still don't know where Bennett and I stand, but we kissed, he pecked me on the lips later and held my hand at the restaurant.

Still, I don't know.

He texted me a few times since we left the restaurant and this morning, but I didn't reply.

Can we talk?

Alex, we need to talk.