Boston, MA *

Boston, Massachusetts

Spending time away from Harry was what you needed, even if you missed him. It's been a while since you spent more than twenty-four hours away from each other, and now it was necessary even if neither of you wanted it.

You don't want to say you have become dependent on each other, but you've spent an entire month together. You reminded yourself that you enjoyed your alone time. You also enjoyed spending time with Harry. If the choice was being alone or with Harry, he would always be the obvious choice.

Being with Naomi allowed you to clear your head and relax. You didn't talk about him even though you knew she was eager to learn more than what you had given her, which wasn't much. She was a good friend but recognized she was a gossip and craved the whole story. There were no secrets between either of you, making your friendship strong.

You remembered growing up and how Naomi would have to pick you apart piece by piece to get any stories about you or your family growing up. It was when she went a whole twenty-four hours not speaking with you did you realize how much her presence in your life meant to you.

You showed up at her door the following day telling her story after story, and how you were afraid she didn't actually like you. She confessed she was sick and slept the entire day. It was a breakthrough in your friendship, and you never looked back.

Having her here helped you more than you thought as you cried, reuniting at the airport. She ushered you out and ordered room service as Naomi told you stories about her classes and how close she was to moving away to a small town and starting a strawberry farm.

Now it's Monday, and you just finished getting ready. You wore pink flares, a black silk button-up, and black platforms. Naomi settled on your sweater with embroidered hearts and skinny jeans because she swore her ass looked magical in them. After discussing what happened with Harry, she was upset but understood it wasn't her place to make you leave Harry. Naomi clearly wanted to say more; she stopped after seeing how you spoke about him. You knew you talked about him with so much care, and dare you to say it, love.

Driving to the venue, there were two things in mind: how the conversation would go and how you stopped Harry from saying he loved you. You're still not sure why you did it? Or, well, you did. You didn't want that to be tainted; those three words meant everything to you, and you feared that you might lose him. After, you parked in the back, where the tour buses were parked in nice rows. You took a deep breath looking over at Naomi, who shot you an encouraging smile.

"Can I fight him?" Naomi jokes, bringing two fists up pretending to punch the air.

"No."

"Why," she groans.

"I like him."

"But he was mean."

"Second chances, Omi."

"Fine...can I be mean?"

She doesn't give up, "no."

"Ugh...no fun."

"He's already going to be sad."

"You're too kind, babes."

"We talked it out."

"Now, you'll talk some more."

You sigh, "yeah."

"Why are we coming so early? Isn't he on at nine?"

"He's got a busy schedule." You show your pass to security, waiting as he clears you. Takes a glance at Naomi before wrist banding her.

"Like he wouldn't drop everything for you."