Pittsburg, PA

It's been a few cities since you woke up alone. Harry liked having you close and spending time with you. He especially liked knowing he'd wake up and you'd be the first thing he saw.

Well, not this time.

You needed a moment alone after discovering that Harry's tour would no longer end in Los Angeles and instead be going on for an extra week through the day before Thanksgiving. You weren't upset he added a new show because he did have to reschedule; you just didn't like finding out online when he clearly knew about it for some time. New work for you is not starting until the new year, and he happily assumed you'd be okay with joining, which you would be if he talked out. You don't always spend Thanksgiving with Naomi, but the plan this year had been set already. As you lay in bed, knowing you must get up for your interview, you reflect on your conversation with Harry.

A day off to stay in and sleep. That's all you wanted to do. No amount of begging would get you out of bed from watching movies and napping the day away. The constant travel has thrown you off, but you'd be lying if you said you didn't enjoy it.

Harry told you he had work to do with Jeff and would be back later so you could have a late lunch together. You told him you'd be here, gesturing to the queen-sized bed you've been sharing, the vacant room across from you unused. You had just finished another episode of Derry Girls, a favorite show you liked rewatching. Your phone had started going off a few minutes ago, and honestly, you wanted to ignore it, but something told you to check.

Naomi
Thanksgiving in Arkansas?

Arkansas, what did she mean by that. You'd be going to her this year, unlike last year, where you spent it in France alone with your crew, who did not celebrate even less when in another country. You go onto Instagram hoping that'd give you answers, and the answer is looking at you with a post from Harry's team stating the rescheduled Houston show and a new show in Little Rock, Arkansas. That is what Naomi meant with her text.

You sat there on the hotel bed, feeling confused. Harry clearly knew what he was announcing today but did not bring it up once. He did not ask if you would be okay with an extra week past Los Angeles as he had initially told you. You weren't mad he had more shows; no, of course not, you were proud of him. His tour was so loved by all, and if he could give it to others who were to say anything.

As somebody with family expecting you home for the first time in months, you needed to wrap your head around the fact that you would not see them until Christmas. Thanksgiving week was the worst week to travel, or you think about flying out to them, but you've learned that the hard way a few years ago.

You decided to text Naomi back.

Y/N
would it be weird to say i just found out? xx

Naomi
Very.

He didn't bring it up?

Y/N
no. xx

Naomi
You're upset.

Y/N
yeah, but we'll talk it out. xx

Naomi
So I should tell my mom not to set your place this year.

Y/N
Yes, save me the heartbreak. xx

Naomi
You owe me.

It seemed there was only one thing left to do: wait for Harry to return.

"Bel, I've put in our order for lunch already. I got you the sandwich you had wanted." His voice rang through the room as you sat on the edge of the bed, your bag packed and hidden from his view.