Tampa, FL

You were enjoying Florida with a beautiful ocean view from your hotel room. You wanted nothing more than to jump in as you peeked down from the window, remembering all the times as a child. You swore the longer you stayed in the water, the closer you were to gaining your tail to be a mermaid. It brought a smile to your face just thinking about it.

Harry was sleeping with a light snore every once in a while that you found endearing. The sun was beginning to rise, and you knew he needed his rest, but you desperately wanted to go down to the beachfront and watch the sunrise. After spending a wonderful day in bed yesterday and some time with Sarah's bub, you were desperate to go out.

"H," you whispered, pressing a small kiss to his shoulder, "amor, despierta." He shifts a little, burying his face in his pillow. "Harry, mi estrella, wake up for me, please."

Harry lets out a low sigh, turning over and burying his face in your chest, "sleep," he mutters against your skin.

"No."

"Yes."

You raise your hand, letting your fingers run through his messy curls. "I want to see the sunrise."

"Open the curtain." His voice is hoarse, full of sleep.

"I want to go down by the ocean, toes in the sand. I can go alone, just wanted to run it by you." That seems to perk him up.

"Don't go alone." He moves away from you, sitting up, bare chest on display as he stretches. "Give me a second."

You sit up, hand on his back, "really?"

Harry shifts his head to look at you, his eyes a shade lighter in the morning. "Yes, let's enjoy sunrise at these god-awful hours."

"It's seven."

He throws the sheets off the bed, getting up to go to the bathroom. "I expected an extra hour of sleep."

"I'll make it up to you," you wink as he looks away.

"You better."

After throwing on shorts and his favorite pink hoodie, he walks out with you, telling you he texted Jeff just in case. You promised you wouldn't belong, enjoy the sunrise, then head back. It was a short walk to the beach; once you felt the sand, you slipped off your shoes and rushed ahead to take a seat.

Harry sat behind you, tucking you in to rest on his chest. No words were shared as you watched the sunrise, the clouds moving slowly with every counting second. The waves crashing are never close enough to get you wet. The familiar smell of saltwater fills you with joy. As a child, you remember begging to be taken to see the sunset or sunrise, but it was hard for your grandparents to find the time. One morning they woke you up at dawn and drove you down to a private little beach where you saw the most gorgeous sunrise as the sky was filled with pink, then cleared up and showed a blue sky. You hold that memory close; now you'll add another.

The stillness allows you to let all your thoughts and concerns go. It's just you and Harry at this moment. The rising sun moves slowly as you watch the color of the sky change from different shades of blue and red.

"Happy, darling?"

You nod, against his chest, "very happy, thank you."

You feel his lips against the top of your head. "I'm delighted you wanted to share this with me."

"Course, H. Want to do nothing but make memories with you."

He squeezes you tight, his arms wrapped around your stomach. "Looking forward to it."