Ch. 1

ASHER POV

My eyes grew wide as I realized a massively large giant was indeed about to walk right into me. At only 5'3" I only reached about mid thigh to the mountain of muscle that was barreling my way. He was walking with a group of giants who appeared to be a posse of jocks. I froze, trying to stand my ground in the event that I was barreled into. I'd grown up with one of my dads being a giant who was waaayyyy bigger than these guys, and if I'd learned one thing, it was that keeping your feet shoulder width apart with slightly bent knees can only help when rumbling steps are coming your way.

"Damnit!" The giant bellowed as he tumbled to the ground to avoid falling on me. I smiled when I realized I hadn't in fact been squished on move-in day afterall. I had only just said goodbye to my human dad, who helped move me into the dorms here at Titanus University.

Titanus University is one of the biggest co-ed universities in the country, and is best known for their competitive human and giant athletic teams, and their strong engineering program. I wasn't attending this college for any of those things, for I was majoring in education with a minor in music, but as of right now I was most excited to have made it into the Titanus University's marching band! I'd grown up not too far from this school, and my pop and I would come and watch the marching band sometimes when we chose to drive instead of hitch a ride somewhere via my giant dad's hand. I'd been playing Clarinet since middle school, and band had been a completely life changing, community building world for me, and I couldn't wait to make more friends from continuing life as a bando.

I was adopted at 4 by my dads. One, who I call Pop, stands a few inches shorter than me at 5ft tall, while the other happens to be the biggest strongest giant in the world, my dad I refer to as Dad, and stands at 200 ft tall. Needless to say, it was sometimes kind of hard to make friends growing up when all the kids and parents were so afraid of my 200 ft tall dad. No matter how many times I'd invite people over to our massive house after school, or how many times Pop would explain that Dad wasn't going to hurt anyone by attending a little league game, people were still intimidated by his tremendous size. However, this all shifted for me when I joined band. It happened when our band room had flooded in middle school and there was nowhere for anyone to practice. My Pop insisted on having the band practice at our house since it was so huge to accommodate my giant dad, and we lived close to the school. After everyone in the band saw that my dad was in fact a gentle giant, they accepted me into the band community, and I've been a bando ever since.

"Wipe that smile off your face, human!" The giant who'd just biffed it to avoid falling on me growled as he stood to his impressive height. The giants who made up the posse of jocks all appeared to be between 10.5 and 12 feet tall, while the giant who tripped stood above the rest, appearing to be about 13 and a half feet tall. Not only was he the tallest but he was certainly the hottest from what I could see. His body was packed with an incredible amount of bulk and muscle, that made me assume he was some type of athlete. His legs were like tree trunks, while his tight white t-shirt showed the defined abs that surely laid beneath. His chest and arms were just as massive as the rest of his body, and for a moment I forgot to stop checking him out and smiling like an idiot, for these guys could definitely beat the shit out of me. "Listen up little human! Watch where you're going! I'm the starting quarterback this year, and your stupidity could have cost us all a chance at the giant cup!" The giant spat as his posse of jocks started piling in around him, clearly trying to make me feel intimidated and small.

"Oh god. I really hope our starting quarterback isn't a giant who can be taken down by a little human like me," I replied, causing the group of jocks to erupt in laughter, while the one who tripped only looked more upset. Ughh. Whatever... I'd literally just gotten here. People needed to calm down. It's not like I was going out of my way to collide with someone more than two or three times my size.