[13] Recruit (2)

NIGHT's POV:

AND so, the daily chore went like that until we were ambushed one day by the star sh*ts. It was a fortunate day with me and Dust scavenging for more food, water and possibly items. Whilst we were gonna go back to the temporary base, we ran into the two pairs of investigating sanses. The blue bandana skeleton and the one with a big as hell paintbrush, we were stunned but tried to sneak away until we were caught. So, we engaged in fighting them since we were full, we had the upper hand until that. Happened.

A shadow enveloped our surroundings, a head of a wolf sticking out and appearing then and there.

"Hold your ground Dust, can't risk you dying here."

I ordered and stood my ground, glancing at my sides every now and then.

"Hey Night, I'm done. It's apparently the Wraith."

"What's it doing here?"

"Unknown, do you want me to-"

"Nope, you can relax."

He hummed in happiness, the goop lord is caring now? How.. infrequent of him, last I checked I was suppose to be the one caring and tending on every damn thing.

I narrow my gaze and continue moving forward and eventually finding myself with the bandana skeleton, he perked up and fell down on the floor again. Dust seems wary at the skeleton but he looked at us in fear.

"Dust,"

I warn the skeleton that just sighed before he retrieves his knife back onto his pocket, still glancing at the skeleton on the ground.

"W-what are you gonna do?-"

I just disregarded the figure on the ground before heading hastily at the sound of the screams as Dust followed behind my tracks, eventually finding Ink on the ground screaming and clutching his face.

We noticed the same shadowy figure that resembles a wolf, surrounding him. We heard pants behind and saw Blue, and tried running over to Ink.

"Don't. You might get caught to it."

"Why.. are you helping me?"

Silence rose in the air before Dust responds.

"We only strive to balance the evil side, we don't kill the originals."

I hum in agreement as the shadow slowly dissapeared into the unknown and I felt a rush of adrenaline as I drop down to the floor weakly. I placed my spare hand on my forehead and didn't seem like burning, I frowned.

"Boss!"

Blue had already ran off to comfort and help the skeleton up that looks awfully traumatized and.. surprised. I sigh in exhaustion as I try to get up, feeling tiredness and ringings.

"You never even noticed you were tired once."

"..no-"

***

I shuffle around, feeling the comfort of the soft mattress. I got up and groaned, rubbing my socket.

"BOSS!"

Arms wrapped around my torso as I notice the hooded skeleton hugging me tightly, hugging him back. He let go, asking everything about what had happened.