Chapter thirteen, the flight

Începe de la început

There, back in his condo, Prapai was probably peacefully sleeping, not bothered by how much Sky had on his mind.

Sky finally admitted to himself, no matter how hard it was, even when flying, that he slowly developed feelings toward the older male. Yes, they only knew each other for a short time, but there was something pulling him toward Prapai that he couldn't understand. He thought it might be a bird thing, but when he glanced at his outstretched wings, he wondered

"What bird would have these sensations?"

To say the truth, there was no bird Sky knew that had purple and blue wings, so.....what was he?......no, who, was he........? Sky didn't know the answer to this question. He was an orphan, and struggled a lot in life even before he met Gun. Sky didn't have any family, and didn't know anything about his parents. The orphanage caretaker just said that they found Sky on the roof of their building, with Sky's name written in purple ink on his hand. Sky didn't know what or who he was, but he wanted answers.

"For now though," he thought to himself "focus on the more urgent matters."

With that, his mind traveled back to the handsome male in his condo. Prapai had seemed sincere when talking to Sky, and Sky really wanted to believe his words.

For the first time in years, he actually wanted another relationship. He knew it was dangerous, he knew it was foolish. But he wanted it, nevertheless.

If you do get together with Prapai, you don't have to tell him what you are, right?

Sky wondered. Sky wanted to trust Pai. He wanted to know for sure that he actually liked Sky, and was not playing. Sky now thought it less likely, but he still didn't have enough confirmation that Prapai was sincere. Yes, the other had said a lot of goddamn good things about Sky that Sky never thought anyone would say about him, but still. Sky also had to get to know Prapai as a person. Not that he was interested. No. But...it...would be nice....

Sky would've stayed longer, but he started feeling weaker and weaker. Don't get Sky wrong. He was still strong, but he wasn't yet fully healed, and Sky was afraid that he would get even more sick. So, he needed to get back to his apartment.

Making a giant swoop with his wings, he flew up higher, and then, making sure he was somewhere over his condo, folded his wings and fell.

The wind swooping past him was the only thing he could hear. Any other sound was drowned in the howling air. He fell fast, and caught himself just at the right second, flinging his wings out to the sides right before he reached the building level.

Then, Sky slowly descended while looking around, making sure not a single soul saw him.

When Sky was just a story higher than his condo, he folded his wings again, and thumped onto the balcony floor. He sat there, whispering "vanish" to his wings, and waiting for the pain of the crash to subside. Sky had done this many times so he knew how to land so that he wouldn't break anything, but that still didn't fully remove the impact of the fall from three-four meters off the ground.

It's only when Sky staggered up did he realized that he just landed in trouble. Dipsh*t actually. Prapai was standing by the doorway, watching Sky.

Sky almost swore.

"I- uhhh...."

He did not know how to react to this situation.

Prapai saw him flying with his wings, so Sky's mind was jumping around frantically, as well as thinking of the worst possible outcomes.

One for instance was that Prapai will kill him with his bare hands there and then.

Sky swayed backward.