Chapter 1

(Asgard, Loki's POV)

I'm dragged through the large hall, chains attached to my cuffs and collar, by two guards trying to keep a safe distance from me.

Good. They should fear me.

My non-biological mother, Frigga, stands not too far from Odin's throne.

"Hello Mother. Have I made you proud yet?"

"Please Loki, do not make this any worse than it already is."

"How could it be worse?"

"Enough!" Odin's voice booms through the walls.

I mock a salute to him, "Of course sir. I honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about."

"Do you not feel the gravity of your crimes?" he asks as he rises from his throne, looking at me with his one good eye. "Wherever you go there is war, ruin and death!"

"I went down to Midguard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent God, just like you."

"We are not gods. We're born, we live, we die. Just as humans do."

"Well, give or take five thousand years."

He turns to Frigga with a sigh, "All this because Loki desires a throne."

"It is my birthright!" I yell at him, furious.

Even if I was not born to Odin and Frigga, they raised me as their own. Or she did at least.

"Your birthright was to die! As a child, cast out on a frozen rock. If I had not taken you in, you would not now be here to hate me."

"If I'm for the axe then for mercy's sake, just swing it," I sigh and roll my eyes. "It's not that I don't like our little talks, it's just.... I don't love them."

"Frigga is the only reason you're still alive boy, and you will never see her again. You'll spend the rest of your days in the dungeons."

My eyes sharply focus on him, "And what of Thor? You'll make that witless oaf King while I rot in chains?"

"Thor must strive to undo the damage you have done. He will bring order to the Nine Realms and then yes, he will be King."

Anger pricks my heart as this man stares cruelly down at me, and I match him with a stare of my own.

"You are making a mistake. Thor is not fit to be a King. I, however, would be perfect."

"I seriously doubt that," he says as he signals to the guards beside me, who start to roughly drag me away.

"You mark my words Odin," I say to the frail man who stands watching my retreat, "the day will come where the mighty All-Father will fall. And that day will be glorious." 

I allow myself to be taken away so I no longer have to look at the traitorous faces.

There is nothing that Odin can say to hurt me. He is not my father, he does not love me, he does not even care about me. So why should I let his words affect me?

Frigga, however...... Her face looked so sad. So disappointed.

I tried to be good. I really did. I tried to get the throne in a more respectable way, but Thor was always the favoured child.

I never stood a chance.

If I do not have the Asgardian throne, then I will have another.

Power will be mine.

I'm quite literally thrown into an empty cell. Many of the others are shared by prisoners, yet I get the luxury of solitude. Suits me just fine.

At least now I can plan my next move. If Odin had his way, I'd never see outside of these four walls again, but I can't honestly say that eternal imprisonment interests me.

So how to get out, and where to go.

Who to trust.

The last important words I heard before coming to Asgard are playing on a loop in my head.

"I will find you."

"I will find you."

"I will find you."

Over and over again, like a broken record.

I do believe I can take her at her word. After all, she didn't want those poxy Avengers to kill me, and she did help me out, and I did save her.....

But if they've gotten through to her, especially my brother, and if they've won her over then I may never see her face again.

I never lied to her. I wasn't just using her for her power, I truly wanted her to stay by my side. She was going to. But her good heart got the better of her. She says she didn't do it for them, she did it for the people, but I think that Tin Man of hers has a special place in her heart.

I wouldn't abandon her. I know exactly how it feels to be abandoned, to be made to feel worthless, and I wouldn't wish it on her. Odin, maybe, he deserves to feel unworthy, but not her.

She deserves what I never had.

Love.