Zyro in Wonderland | Chapter Three: Infiltrating the Red Palace

(March) I stand side by side two guards, and Dormouse. We were grabbed by the Bandersnatch and brought here, and we're waiting for the Red Queen to come out and judge whether or not she has any use for us. Though I'm worried... A loud fanfare plays, and a white rabbit boy walks down the stairs, his jade green eyes shimmering in the sunlight. After pulling a watch out of his pocket and checking it, he puts it back and announces. "And now comes our beloved ruler, the Red Queen!"

'So I'm not alone, but he's in checks with the Red Queen? Oi, that stinks.' I look to the heart-shaped double doors, ready for my first glance at the Red Queen. I hear heels clicking, and I perk my ears. What is the hold up? Is she coming?

"Thank you, White Rabbit, for that sterling introduction! So classy!" The doors bust open, and my ears drop. I knew she was a drag, but I never expected her to be so ugly! Ugh..... I think the tea I drank might make a reappearance.... I glance at Dormouse, who looks just as disgusted, then regrettably, back to the Red Drag Queen. "State your names! Shorty first."

"Uh, I'm the Dormouse."

"And you?"

"I be the March Hare, and ye ma'am, are ugly."

"What?"

"Aye, ugly as the Bandersnatch! And at least it doesn't have a heart for what it doesn't have!"

"What? Can't you see them?"

"No."

"Well, anyway, after that crack, don't think I'll let you live!" She glances to White Rabbit, who's keeled over and snickering. "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!" The guards take the three of us to the dungeon.

(Zyro) I stand outside the walls with Hatter. "Okay, so we shrink, find the Vorpal Sword, grow back, you take the sword and go through the shaft in the left wall, and after three rights and two lefts, you'll be looking into the dungeon. But don't go in until I come in through the door, m'kay? By then I will have released the Bandersnatch, and it'll be going bonkers with all those people running around."

"Why?"

"It's motion sensitive, like an antiperspirant, so if you're still as a rock, it can't see you, but if you're moving like a dancer, it'll be attacking you."

"I see. So that's why you had me stay still before." He nods and turns to the wall and inspects it. "Hey, question?"

"Yeah?"

"How do you know so much about the Red Palace?" He flinches, his arms stiff at his sides.

"Ummm.... Ah..... I just..... Absolem told me about the place a while ago." He looks at me nervously then shakes his head. "Anyway, you ready Alice?"

"Eh, sure." I pulls out the Small Drink and takes a sip before handing it to me.

"Gosh that stuff gives me a headache." I take a sip, then nothing.

"Hey, why does it have a tag that says 'Drink me'?" He shrugs. "Um... I think it's broken...."

"Eh, ho-" We suddenly shrink and then everything seems giant.

"Wow, it works!"

"Mm-hmm. Follow me." He leads us to the gate, and of course we can go through the bars.

"So where is the Vorpal Sword?"

"It's in a shed near the palace, in a chest of course."

"But if it's locked, how will we get it out?" He shows me the key around his neck. "Awesome! Did Absolem give you that?"

"Yeah." We continue running until a shed comes into sight, then pause. "I... Forgot.... How long... It took.... To get across the courtyard when you're tiny!" He wheezes.