" Oww! What the hell!" She asked him dramatically even though it didn't hurt at all.

" There was a mosquito. " He innocently said back as she hit him on the shoulder, which was supposed to be a light slap like he did but came out a bit hard.

" Sorry, there was a scorpion. You could've died." She said giving a serious nod.

" I wonder if they hate each other, love each other or are we just trapped in a lot of sexual tension?" Demetri asked letting out a sigh.

" Definitely all of them." Miguel huffed.

..........

They finalised watching  Murder Mystery, and Demetri and Miguel occupied the seats between Hawk and Flora. So Flora was sitted beside Miguel, which Miguel did on purpose to make sure she was doing okay, since he was the only one who knew about her condition. Others just assumed she was some rich girl going to some fancy school in Europe, who returned to support the karate tournament.

" You seem awfully depressed for a movie that is so interesting and funny and has Jennifer Aniston in it." Flora said to Miguel who seemed quite distracted. 

" Just worried about the dinner." Miguel told, tomorrow his family was meeting Sam's and even though he was sure Daniel liked him, he was just nervous. 

" Why? Are we a hungry pack of sharks?" Flora asked in wonder.

" No..." Miguel chuckled, " It's just things been crazy for the last few months. I just really want your parents to like me."

Flora chuckled, " Yeah... if it helps by so far you're the best boyfriend Sam's ever got. I remember when she started dating Kylar...I told her to get a sexuality test cause that was some shite taste in men. So I have to tell you...you two are like French fries and strawberry ice cream. "

" Weird. But uh thanks. " Miguel smiled at her with a frown. 

" Your welcome. And I do mean it, other than the time when you hit her. Just don't drink for the rest of your life and you're going to be the most loved boy in the world. " She grinned,  " People will Google search you."

" Why do I feel sarcasm here?" He blinked. 

" Because I was being sarcastic?" She said in an obvious tone, " Come on, you can't really expect people to Google search you when Taylor Swift's ex-boyfriends exist." Then she added, " Even though you're capable of getting knocked off the stairs and not dying and literally being back on your feet." As much as Insensitive she sounded, from her perspective it was a compliment, what she meant is he was tough.

..........

" I don't need anyone. Someday I'm gonna go to Paris alone." Flora exclaimed as they walked out of the movie hall and towards the pavement as she took off her mask.

" Pretty sure you'll need the pilot and the plane." Hawk told with a light playful chuckle, " and probably the whole crew."

Flora looked up at him, did he just actually make a genuine funny joke and it made her wonder maybe he has changed and it wasn't an act to get his friends back. Maybe he did all those horrible things in the past but maybe it wasn't all him, maybe he was the funny, kind of cool and badass guy he presents himself as.

" What time do you have to get home, Flo?" Demetri asked.

" Ten thirty. " She lied. Amanda definitely would start blowing up her phone at the moment the clock reads ten. But she figured asking for forgiveness is better than asking for permission, forgiveness comes faster. Also, she could emotionally blackmail Daniel.