If Only He Listened Pt. 2 (LM & daughter! reader)

Start from the beginning

"Yes, she was..." Lucius agrees, his voice cracking.

Suddenly, the boy reaches out his hand for the man to shake. Draco looks between his father and his former enemy.

Without hesitation, Lucius shakes the boy's hand. "I appreciate you coming here, Mr. Potter. It means a lot to us" he tells him.

Draco nods. "Yes... Thank you, Harry" he says.

Harry smiles. "You are welcome, Draco" he replies.

A young boy then approaches with a bouquet of flowers. "Y/N saved my life. I will never forget that" the boy states.

The Malfoys look very touched by the boy's words. "My little girl died doing something so brave. I won't forget that, either" Narcissa gently says, giving a teary smile.

Everyone puts down flowers and presents on the grave before standing there in silence for one minute, showing the dead girl some respect.

After that, everybody shakes the three Malfoys' hands before silently leaving. Before Harry does so too, he puts a comforting hand on Draco's shoulder.

"We are here for you, Draco. We are here for all of you" the Gryffindor tells him.

At that, Draco gives an appreciative smile. "Thank you, Harry. It means a lot" he says. Harry smiles back before leaving as well.

Once the Malfoys are alone, they look at the grave once more. Narcissa sniffles. "My little girl..." she whispers in a sad voice. Lucius wraps his arms around her, trying to stop his tears from falling.

Draco looks sad as well. "I miss you, sister. I miss you..." he whispers, looking down at his feet.

Wiping away her tears with her handkerchief, she gives her son's shoulder a comforting squeeze before they turn around.

When she notices her husband is still standing there, she looks at him worriedly. "Lucius?" she asks.

Her husband sighs. "You two can go ahead. I'll stay a little longer" he tells them. Nodding, his wife and son quietly leave him alone with his thoughts.

Once they are gone, he falls down to his knees and finally lets his tears fall. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I miss you so much. Not a day goes by where I don't regret what I did. I should never have kicked you out. I should never have yelled at you. And I should never have slapped you. I should have listened to you. If only I listened... I'm so sorry. I hope that you can forgive me in another life" he whispers, sobbing.

Suddenly, he's blinded by a bright light. When he slowly dares to open his eyes, he's in shock. It looks like his daughter is standing right in front of him... But that can't be, right? It then hits him... It must be her spirit.

"Don't be afraid, Father" the spirit of Y/N soothes him.

Lucius blinks away his tears. "Y/N?" he asks.

She nods, confirming that it's her. "Yes, it's me, Father. I can't stay for long, but I have something very important to tell you..." she informs.

Lucius takes a deep breath, fearing the worst. What if she can never forgive him? He can't live knowing that.

Her spirit slowly kneels in front of him, putting a hand on his shoulder. He can't feel her hand physically, but he does feel warmth. "Father... I'm so proud of you. I hope you'll continue with your new life, with the way you have changed. And don't worry, I forgive you. For everything. Please look after Draco and Mother, and please tell them that I miss them. I miss you" she tells him, smiling.

Lucius smiles too, sniffling. "I miss you too, my dear daughter. And I love you so much. I'll take care of them, and I promise to continue what I'm doing now" he promises. She replies by kissing his forehead.

As she's about to fade away, he stops her. "Wait! Will I ever see you again?" he pleads.

She nods. "Yes, you will. You all will. And if you ever feel lost, do know that I'll always be there beside you. Even if you can't see me. I love you, Father" she tells him. She then fades away as the light disappears.

Lucius sighs when the spirit of his daughter is gone. He's however smiling, too. He now knows that she forgives him, and that she will always be there.

Looking at her grave one more time, Lucius finally heads home. He tells his family what happened, which they are so surprised yet so happy to hear about.

That evening when they eat their dinner, they notice that the air around them feels different. Lucius smiles as he's reminded that Y/N is indeed among them, and she always will be. She might be gone, but never forgotten. Lucius will make sure of that.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "His First Time" (SS) *smut* will be published on 2/14/2023!