Chapter 17

°Lyle°

I don't hear the birds, I don't hear my echoed steps on the wooden dock. Its just that fucking whining. Getting louder and louder the more I think about everything they said to me. It doesn't make any sense but it makes perfect sense all at once.

My head feels like its going to crack open, I can't fucking take the noise, the pain, the lies, the truth. Its too much.. I can't breathe. I drop to my knees, clawing at my throat, my chest. I need this fucking coat off of me.

Tearing and ripping at my clothes I peal off piece by piece til I feel the bite of the cold air but it's not enough. I feel vibrations coming from the dock. I turn, looking behind me, I see her. Coat open carrying a black box as she walks towards me, Holland following close behind, talking to her. Shes only looking at me.

I sit back leaning on my hands that feel every step she takes towards me. Its becoming harder and harder to breathe. She sits on her heels and opens the box, pulling out a large crystal decanter. She says something to me then scrunched her brows. She looks up at Holland in question almost, he answers and she nods looking back at me. Opening the decanter she drink a mouthful before closing it and kneeling between my legs.

She pulls her phone out and types then touches my lips with a finger before pointing to her throat as she holds up her phone.

Bite me was all it said.

I shake my head attempting to crawl back but she grips a handful of my hair making me look at her. She holds her hand open towards Holland, who places a small knife in her hand. I watch in horror as she sits on my legs coming close to my face as she makes a cut on her neck.

Instantly I feel it, the over whelming urge to go to her instead of pull away. I fight it, I'm trying so fucking hard to pull away from her, I can feel my throat burning from words I can't hear myself saying. She forces my mouth to her bleeding neck, the moment I feel her blood on my lips- taste her blood, everything went quiet.

I bite down, not realising how or when my teeth became sharp enough to, but I couldn't control it anymore. Holding onto her tightly, my hand grabbing a fistful of her hair I pull her head back and I drink her in. Its like I've been starved for decades and I can't stop. Hollands voice slowly get louder but none of it is clear.

Her voice though, soft and clear as glass ringing in the dark came through "stop".

As if I had no other will but to obey like twice before, I pulled away. Slowly at first everything came back, but more vivid, louder, stronger. Then I heard the snap, a painful quaking inside me. Before I could say a word time froze and everything came rushing back.

Memories, tastes, feelings. So many feelings for the flashes I saw in my mind- could see in front of me. It was as if molten lava was coursing through my body, my mind.

I could only scream.

                        .......................

                             °Aria°

"What the fuck did you do??" Holland shouted over Lyle's screaming.

I cover his mouth with mine quickly sitting the blood in, replacing my mouth with my hand I plug his nose as well to make sure he swallows. He's not going to hear my command right now but he needs to drink this. Slamming him down on the dock I hold down as hard as I can through his thrashing, putting weight down on my knees pinning his arms down for the most part.

Please stop please stop please stop please stop, I don't want to hurt you Lyle please I beg you stop.

I hold his head still and slam my forehead down to his as tears drop down to his perfect face. A gargled choke comes from him, I reel back moving my hands and watch as he finally swallows before choking out a blood curdling scream.

"Pick him up we need to get inside" I shouted  back to Holland as I slowly climbed off of Lyle, feeling weak.

I grab the box and make my way for the back door, Holland carrying a screaming Lyle. Once inside I tell him to set Lyle down on the couch.

"Why is he screaming like that?" Holland rushes over to me with a rag for my neck "and why aren't you healing like you should be? Actually why couldn't I tell it was you at first? I should have been able to smell you"

He sits across from me at the table in the kitchen, waiting for answers.

I sigh, laughing bitterly "When I was living with that fucking man I learned how to suppress my essence. So by the time I was sent to the asylum and escaped I was very very good at it. I've had it suppressed since I escaped that night.."

"Aria its been over 3 years since that night.. Why did you stay in hiding so long? Why didn't you come find my father, you know he would have hidden you"

A tear slid down my face as I looked at him, then down at the old wooden table "he told me, had one of the sorcerers show me that you, your pack, Lyle's father and even Lyle were dead. That he killed all of you. I decided hiding was my only option." I said quietly.

"What did you do on the dock? What was in the decanter?" He asks as he looks at a more calm Lyle, sleeping on the couch.

"I broke the hold on his essence, in the decanter was moon blessed blood, my blood from when I came into my powers as a child.." I continue to admire Lyle's sleeping form, watching him come into what he should've been this whole time.

Holland snaps his head back to me "that blood is to only be-"

"I know" my eyes meet his, the whites of his eyes almost glow in contrast to the darkness looking at me.

He puts his head in his hands and groans, getting up and grabbing the box on the coffee table and the bottle he sits back down at the table with me. Taking out a joint and lighting it then drinking from the bottle, he hands both to me.

"I guess all we can do it wait for him to wake up, and see how much he remembers, huh?"

I nod, taking a hit and drinking, pulling my knees to my chest I nod again "yeah, there's not much we can do for him now, its up to him, in his own mind to work through it and wake up".

"Is there any way to help you get back to full strength?" He takes the bottle and props his feet on the table.

"I just have to slowly do it, if I were to essentially 'open the seal' too fast or let too much back out, it probably could kill me or drive me insane and I'd go on a killing spree. I've been suppressing my power since I was a kid, here and there so he never looked to hard at me, never viewed me as a threat. I don't know exactly how much power I have to let out.." I look at him, a sad smile on my lips as I take a hit then hand it to him.

"We just need to focus on him, for now." I nod to Lyle, Holland nodding faintly as he looks from me to my neck.. Still bleeding.

.....

Comment, vote, and voice your thoughts.
I love you all!
Much love,

-Mitsuki💕