Chapter 7

°Lyle°

Laying on my bed staring up at the dark filled ceiling, my hands laced together behind my head. I lie there thinking. Should I trust she won't leave? She said she has no intentions of leaving but that doesn't mean she's telling the truth. She seemed to have a nice time in the pool yesterday though..

That night I decided to not chain her back up considering she can't actually get out. I closed her window and locked it. I informed her my room was a few doors down from hers if she needed anything.

Every morning and every night since, she has been greeting me with a smile and a kiss to the cheek. It's been making my days really nice actually. Having her here put an ease to the anxiety in my head.

Thoughts still swarmed me about where she came from, who she had been before she moved here. Holland told me he tried looking for records of her but only found records from 2 and a half years ago. Nothing more. Once she settles in more maybe I'll ask her.. Maybe I'll do some digging myself. Perks of having the father I do I guess.

A light knock sounded through the room, drawing my attention away from my thoughts and to the door. I let out a loud hum, letting whomever know they could enter.

Her beautiful face poked through as she cracked open the door, she stood there playing with her hands as she looked down at the wood floor.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, slowly sitting up and moving to the edge of the bed.

"I can't sleep.." She confessed almost too quiet to hear.

"Is there a specific reason why?" I stand, putting my hands in my pockets as I walk over to her.

She started wringing her fingers more as she leaned against the door frame, drawing idle shapes with her toes onto the floor. She nods her head once still looking down. She seemed uncharacteristically vulnerable. Even before I took her she didn't avoid looking at someone. It pulled at something in my chest.

"Would you maybe like to go watch a movie downstairs? I'll set everything up, whatever movie you'd like." I ran my hand down her head then stroked her cheek with my thumb.

A simple nod was her answer. She moved out of the way, letting me lead. I made my way down the stairs, then to the living room. I turned to ask her what movie she'd like then noticed her walking down the steps with one of the big furry blankets I had bought for her. She was wrapped in it, some of it dragging behind her on the floor.

She made her way to the corner section of the L shaped sofa. She sat and bundled herself, she honestly looked like she was in a little grey cocoon.

"What movie would you like?" I asked as I sat a seat away from her.

"Do you have Spirited Away?" She softly asks.

"No but I can get it for you." I say as I search for the movie.

Once I bought the movie and set it up to play I stood and placed the remote next to her and began walking away. I turned to walk up the stairs and saw Holland sitting on the steps. She shook his head at me, I went to take another step but stopped once she spoke again.

"You're going back to bed?" She asked as I went to continue.

"Yeah, if you want to watch anything else, feel free to buy any movie or show you want." I said then turned back to the stairs.

"Oh.. Alright." She spoke softly.

I turn the corner to see Holland standing now with his arms crossed. I tilt my head and scrunch my brows together. He points at me then behind me. He mouths silently at me but I could only read a handful of words.

"Go. Back. Movie. With. Before. I. Punch. You" I mumble as I try to read his lips.

He groans then pulls his phone out, aggressively types then puts his phone away and crosses his arms at me. I feel my phone buzz, taking it out of my pocket then I open the message from him.

Holland: If you dont go back in there and watch that movie with her I swear I'm going to break your fucking face.

I look back at him then text him back.

You: She would've said something if she wanted me there, right?

This started an all out texting argument between us, that ended with Holland.

Holland: No you fucking idiot. Did you not notice she had been crying? For someone who stalked her for over a month you sure didn't notice the red nose and cheeks. MORON.

Holland: If you send me one more stupid message I'm kicking you down to the basement and taking the poor girl out for ice cream.

I sighed at the last message, knowing damn well he will. I turned around and walked back into the main part of the room. She had her head leaned up against the cushion as she watched the movie. I walked over and sat next to her, then pulled her to lean against me. Just to see if Holland was right I used my right hand to grip her chin and lift her face up to me.

Her nose was indeed red, her cheeks flushed and stained with fresh streaks of tears, and her eyes were slightly pink and glossy. It honestly made my chest hurt knowing I didn't notice. I used my thumb to wipe her cheeks.

She stood up, I almost thought she'd move away from me but she grabbed the remote to restart the movie for me then unwrapped herself and sat back down, draping her legs over my lap then covering us with the blanket. Her head rested against my shoulder as her hand gripped my shirt.

We stayed like this for the whole movie, I'd never watched Spirited Away before and honestly I don't know why. It was actually really good.

"Would you like to watch another movie?" I ask looking down at her.

She looked up at me then scrunched her brows slightly.

"You liked the movie? You genuinely liked it?" She looked surprised almost.

"I did" I gave her a sweet smile.

"Would you like to watch more from who made this one?"

I nodded, then watched her try to hide a smile by biting her lip. She searched for another movie, I wasn't looking. I was only looking at her. The way she slightly chewed on her bottom lip when she concentrated. The smile that took over her face when she most likely found the movie she was looking for. I was just mesmerized by her.

I wanted to ask why she had been crying but I didn't want to ruin this. Whatever this is, because this is so new to me. I don't know how to act around her, I don't know why it seems like she is just okay with the fact I did everything I did because I claimed her. But I couldn't help it, I saw her and knew. Knew she had to be mine.

For now.. I'm going to enjoy this. Tomorrow I'll try to find more about her. What it is that makes her different.

....

Question, can you guess why Aurora can't sleep? Of course I know why.

Ps. Smut scene in the next chapter.

This was originally one long chapter mixed with fluff and smut but I decided to split it into 2 chapters. I hope you enjoy!

Comment, vote, give me your thoughts.
I love you all!

Much love,

-Mitsuki💕