Chapter 6

°Lyle°

I ordered sushi for lunch. I had been avoiding going into her room because I don't know how I would explain why I ran out earlier. I know I'm going to have to go in there and bring her the food, I can't exactly just slide the food into the room, she's chained to the bed.

I paced in the kitchen trying to work the nerve to go to her but I couldn't. I knew she was different but this.. I wasn't expecting this.

"I could always go bring her, her food you know? Holland says as he walks into the kitchen.

I turn to look at him for a moment before nodding my head.

"I'll be in my office if you have any problems" I shouted as I ran up the stairs.

¤¤¤¤

I had just sat down when a knock rang through the room.

"Come in!" I shout, standing to look at Holland.

"I need the key to her chains" he stated while holding his hand out.

I furrowed my brows as I stared at him, surprised he doesn't hear how ridiculous he sounds.

"You're not letting her go Holland" I laced my voice with a deadly calm.

He barks a laugh. "You're so stupid Lyle. She wants to take a shower and do her lady business" he waves his hand around as he sits on my desk.

I ran my hand over my face and sighed. I really am stupid, I've been so focused on avoiding her I forgot to ask if she wanted or needed to shower or use the bathroom.

"Here, did she eat?" I toss the key at him and sit on the leather couch by the door.

"Actually that's also why I'm here." He says as he stands preparing to leave.

I hum in question, letting him continue.

"She refuses to eat-"

"She doesn't like sushi, does she. Damn it, I should've asked what she liked. She's not allergic, is she?!" I panic, mentally slapping myself.

"If you would let me finish, she refuses to eat without you, dumb ass. Calm your nerves and get your ass in her room when I come get you, get your food as well." He shakes his head muttering "stupid" under his breath as he leaves.

I'm left standing there staring at the door. Confused. Today has to be the strangest day, but wonderful. She won't eat unless I'm there.. Damn it, I know what I have to do.

¤¤¤¤

30 minutes went by the time Holland barged in, surely prepared to drag me into her room by my ear. When he entered he looked me up and down then around my desk.

"You changed. Where's your food?" He questioned narrowing his eyes at me.

"On the dining table, where we'll be eating" I say with a smirk.

"I told you she won't eat without you" he crosses his arm, puffing his muscular chest out.

"All of us, Holland." I wink at him as I walk past him, making my way down the hall.

"Wait. You want me to bring her as well? What if she tries to run?"

"You made those changes to the house, yes?" I turn and raise my brow at him.

He nods slowly, eyes still narrowed.

"Good, only me and you can leave or enter. I'm not worried, plus we'll both be at the table with her" I state as I walk down the hall to the landing of the stairs.