Chapter 12

°Aurora°

Lyle had stopped us in this large clearing that had a perfect view of a snow capped mountain range. We stopped around sunset, setting the snowcaps ablaze in a pink rust hue.

Holland was standing by Lyle talking about 'anglesand background elements'. To damn serious if you ask me. A wild grin appears on my lips. Slowly I make my way behind them, to the forest.

I hid behind a tree, making snowball after snowball. Once I have around 10 of them, with my back to the bark of the tree, I close my eyes. Breathing deeply until it clicks, my senses heightening.

I lean around the tree aiming for the side of Hollands head, then quickly pull back around. The sound of it hitting him had me biting my lip to keep from laughing.

"What the FUCK was that?!"

Lyle choked on a laugh, causing me to do the same. Swiftly I throw another from the other side of the tree before leaping to the tree next to me, then the next. Leaving no prints in the snow between.

I throw another, hitting his head. Then another, his chest that time. My lip nearly swollen from biting it so hard. I wait a few moments before I slowly peak out from behind the tree to see him scanning the trees to his left. Little did he know I'm on his right.

I look up and see broken branches jutting out of the wide trunk. Smiling, I slowly stand. Turning in place I swiftly jump, grabbing the base of the branches. I climb up up up until I reach the snow kissed foliage. Using the snow there I make a monster snowball.

Poor Holland was too busy scanning the ground to look up. Up where my icy sphere hurtled right for his face. Oh gods it was perfect!

It hit him directly in the face, front and center. The monster of a ball hit so hard and true it knocked him right on his ass. The sound of Lyle's roaring laughter met my ears, making my heart leap.

I silently dropped down to the floor just as Hollands voice echoed through the trees.

"Aaauuurrooorraaa" Holland sang sweetly, as if I were a timid child.

A feral thrill ran through me making me gather a few balls and launch them at him. Chest, face, balls. I took off, bolting for the clearing.

I could hear his fast steps charging towards me, my blood pumped with excitement as I released that hold on myself. I ran fast, viciously laughing. My breaths came quick, low laughter slipping through.

My mouth twitched causing a feral wide smile to form as I leapt, barely dodging his boulder sized snowball. I felt its breeze as it passed me, I rolled before jumping back up to a fast invigorating sprint. I haven't felt this free in 3 years..

My lip surely bleeding now, just adding to the thrill. The more I laughed the more that hold lets loose. I rolled again, gathering snow before running again then roughly throwing the ball at his face. All I saw was feet flying upwards as I kept running, making my way back towards Lyle.

A rush of laughter ripped from me as I charged at Lyle. His face warm and smiling.. Until he saw my face closer. His smile dropped as he started backing away, but it was too late I was already there.

I tackled him.

I landed on top, my hair covering everything but our faces. I smiled widely, his breath hitched as I lowered myself down to his neck. I grazed my nose softly against his skin, my tongue followed.

He was stiff, barely breathing as a ghost of a bite was left on his neck. My breathing quickened and my stomach twisted into knots painfully. I bit down on my lip to stifle a groan, I quickly shoved myself off of him.

Holding my hand over my mouth I bolted for the trees.

"Aurora?" Lyle called out behind me.

I reached a tree 20 feet into the forest, I dropped to my knees gagging violently, clenching my stomach. I felt my skin get hot, burning hot. Grabbing handfuls of snow I began rubbing it, holding it to my face and neck.

Ripping my coat from my body I threw myself down into the snow, covering my chest as I panted, just staring at the setting sky.

The sound of snow crunching under boots made me look over at Lyle and Holland coming close.

"Aurora are you okay..?" Holland cautiously asked.

I nodded frantically as I closed my eyes, trying to just breathe. They stood there not knowing what to do as I calmed myself down. I held up a hand as I heard one of them go to step closer, making them stop.

My stomach calmed, my skin feeling the bite of the snow finally. I let out a long breath before sitting up and brushing off the remaining snow from my chest. I grabbed my coat and headed for the car.

"Ill be back" I said, stalking through the snow.

"I got what I needed, we're only a couple hours from our hotel lets just leave" Lyle said jogging after me.

Once we got to the car I went for the back seat but Holland held the door closed and nodded his head to the passenger door. Sighing I got in.

The drive was quiet, Hollands light snoring was the only sound. I caught Lyle staring at me a few times, I couldn't bring myself to look back any of the times. Sighing I hit my pen before I pulled my blanket up to my chin and curled to my side to face Lyle.

"Why do you keep looking at me?" I mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

He glanced over at me again briefly before looking back at the road "can't I just look at you? You're breathtaking."

I sighed softly "Lyle.. Im sorry about earlier, at the clearing."

He looked at me sidelong before biting his lip "are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm good. I think I just ran too.. much." My voice trailed off slightly.

"Yeah, probably. As long as you're okay though." He said as he brushed the back of his hand down my cheek.

I smiled softly before I closed my eyes and stretched my hand out, gripping his sweater.

.....

Comment, vote, and voice your thoughts.
I love you all!
Much love,

-Mitsuki💕