Chapter 15

°Aurora°

"Get off the tub Aur-" a sharp exhale, "get up" his voice dropped. Anger and fear rolling off him in waves, I could just nearly taste it.

I narrow my eyes slightly before slowly rising from the edge of the tub. "Where would you like me to be, Lyle." I squared my shoulder, a whisper of smirk on my lips.

A sharp exhale through his nose as he rubbed over his face with a hand. He stared at me, at my eyes which were fixed on his, my neck, then further down. He turned and held the door open wide. "Sitting room. Now." Was all he ground out.

Walking deliberately close to him while smiling up at him, I stop. "What are we playing big scary captor and helpless abductee now?" I patronize.
Walking to my suitcase I drop my towel as I begin searching through the large pockets. Finding my long kimono I turn towards him as I take my time putting it on.

The muscles in his jaw flex almost unnoticeably. But I.. I see everything. Everything he does.

Tying the robe closed I grab a cigarette and sit on the arm-chair, he walks to his bags by the door and pulls a out a large manila folder. By the smell I can already tell where he got it. And where this conversation is going.

Turning my head I sigh as I light my cigarette. Flicking my hand dismissively towards him, I look into his eyes, into him.

"Get on your knees, now"

Abruptly he staggers to a stop, a faint grunt pushes out of him as he drops to his knees, clutching his chest. With pain in his voice he speaks straining every word "Who are you..?".

"Names Aurora, thought you knew that, dear Lyle" I coo at him.

"Don't fucking lie to me damn it!" Forcing his voice louder, a hand on the carpeted floor steading him. "Who are you, really?" His blue eyes boring into mine.

Crossing one leg over the other I hit my cigarette and tilt my head slowly "You saw the file. You know exactly, who I am".

"That's impossible, that's fucking impossible" he says through clenched teeth.

"Is it?"

I stand and idly walk to him, running my fingers along his shoulder and back.

"My love, it's obvious you are more oblivious to your company than I initially thought" I lower myself to barely a crouch, my mouth so close behind his ear.

"Besides, if its so impossible... Why can't you stand?" My voice a whisper for only his ears to hear.

His heart's increasingly beating faster, his breath- strained and quick. I stand and walk back to the arm chair, sitting. Our eyes meet and hold for long moments before his head drops.

A breathy laugh comes from him as he shakes his head then looks back up at me "I knew there was something different about you. Can we talk about the file?".

Crossing a leg over the other I look towards my bags, then around the room. I hum softly before rising from the chair. "Stand" he rushes up, watching me go to the bed.

I find an outfit and begin dressing myself and finding my wallet and phone. When I turn back to look at him I can see something changed, in his smell, his face is different. More clear headed almost.

"Not here, tell your lap dog we're going on a trip and to gather our things." I walk to him and pat his chest softly before walking to the bathroom and closing the door.

"I don't understand why we couldn't leave our things in the room if we're still going to be staying there" Holland said as he shoved the last of the suitcases in the back of the SUV.

I sit in the back while Lyle and Holland climb up front. "Shouldn't you drive, since you know where we're supposed to be going?" Lyle says as he turns to me.

"Nope, I'll tell you when to turn and such. Now come on." I wave my hand forward.

After a while of my lovely backseat driving we arive at a dispensary. The both of them turn to look at me, Lyle with confusion, Holland with exasperation. I simply smiled and handed Holland a folded piece of paper.

"Go inside and ask for Steven, hand him that"

"Why me? Why can't you go inside yourself?" He snapped.

I smiled sweetly, tilting my head slightly "its cold".

He inhaled through his nose deeply before climbing out of the car and slamming the door. Each step to the dispensary doors were like an upset child's.

"Why are we here?" He looks at me through the rearview mirror.

"Simple, I needed some things I was owed. Especially if I'm going to explain what your little files don't care to say" I said quietly, but not weakly as I stared back.

Many minutes of silence later Holland opens the doors, carrying 4 large bags with the dispensaries logo on them. He opens the backseats door and gently sets the bags down next to me before getting back in the passenger seat.

"If we weren't about to find out, I'd ask who the fuck you were where I could just hand over a piece of paper and leave with bags that heavy"

"What's in the bags?" Lyle asks as he's backing up and waiting for more directions from me.

"Ask kappas back there, he made me wait with the other customers" he ground out as he glared back at me.

Forty minutes it took to drive here. Forty minutes of Holland questioning me, but Lyle trusting every turn I told him to make. Forty minutes of flashing memories that taste like regret, soot and anger.

The bags were taken into the old forgotten house, still in perfect condition. From the taste in the air, its untouched and unfound. The morning sky setting the fog kissing the water ablaze. I shove my hands in my coat pockets as a shuttering breath leaves me, it's because its freezing I tell myself.

Walking through the door was like being hit in the face with a crowbar.. Again. So many smells and memories, all dead. I ignore their questions as I move about the cabin. Almost like walking through a movie only I can see, smell and taste. I only notice I'm crying when I taste the pathetic saltiness of my emotions slide onto my lips.

"I haven't been here in almost four years. Sadly its not just me who can smell the memories" my voice soft as I look over my shoulder at them, at Holland.

Lyle looks between us, confused.

"We took you here kappas, so you can tell us the truth, focus on that" he narrowed his eyes at me.

I turn and walk close to them, staring back into the lying eyes that match mine.

"No, I took you guys here to tell many truths, not just my own".

.....

Comment, vote, and voice your thoughts.
I love you all!
Much love,

-Mitsuki💕