Chapter 4

°Aurora°

It's been weeks since I've seen Steven at work, and thank the gods for it. If I had to clean up one more pile of papers he knocked over I was going to lose it.

Today was a hard day nonetheless though. I couldn't even get any sleep last night, I kept having this one dream every time I fell back asleep.

I was running through the city but in an area I hadn't been to before, every time I looked back this huge man was chasing me. Gun in hand and a scarf that went over his nose and mouth. His eyes are what scared me the most. They looked crazed, and of course in the dream I'm helpless. I can't run as fast as I know I can, I can't fight back. I'm left slowly running. Left waking up with a deep sense of dread.

I woke up early and ran for two hours this morning. Any time a random guy was behind me I'd run faster. So now I'm sitting here at my desk hurting. I'm so goddamn sore.

"Ohh miss Secretary" one of the guys of the office sings.

I look up and see the worst of them all. Gary. A stupid name for a stupid man. I quietly sigh before I stand and slap a smile on my face.

"Yes Mr. Loupe, do you need anything, sir?" I ask as I take three small steps around my desk.

"Yes sweetheart, I can't seem to find that file you dropped off earlier. You wouldn't mind showing me where you placed it, would you?" He said with a small smirk.

I grit my teeth as I smile and say sweetly "Oh of course! Lead the way sir."

"Oh no please, ladies first" he takes a step back before waving a hand out for me to walk ahead of him.

I. Nearly. Fucking. Gaged.

Clearing my throat I make my way to his desk, I can feel his eyes on me and it takes all my strength to not elbow him in the throat.

Once I get to his desk I can clear as day see the file on his desk. I swear I can feel my eye twitching out of irritation.

"Here's the file sir, next time I'll make sure to label it." I say as I hand him the manila folder.

He sits in his wheeled desk chair and whirls in my direction.

"Why don't you have a seat and chat with me, you only have ten minutes left here anyways" he says in a voice that's I guess, an attempt to sound sultry.

Only he sounded like he had a big piece of rib-eye stuck in his throat. I take a deep breath before turning on my heel and make my way to my desk.

"No thank you sir, I've got things to do" I say loud enough for him to hear as I walk back to my desk.

4:00 came and went, I practically ran out of that building. I'm now standing outside of it, searching my bag for my vape pen. Today I think I deserve to take the edge off with a nice big hit.

Once I feel my body relax and manage to hold a cough and I decide, I'm going to a bar. Don't care what bar but I want a drink.

¤¤¤¤

It's now dark and I manage to find some little shitty bar that I know my friends wouldn't go into, I make my way to a table where an older lady approaches me.

"What'll it be miss?" The crone asks, giving a small sweet smile.

"Something strong please, I don't care what." I say as I take my black knee length trench coat off.