Chapter 18: Isolated

Awsten woke to the sound of his phone buzzing loudly across the kitchen counter. Grumbling some profanities, he got off the couch and answered with a grunt.

"Dude, you okay?" Jack's voice responded.

"Yeah? Why?" Awsten said, yawning and scratching his sleep wild head.

"You said you'd be here in 20 like, three hours ago. We finally had to get an uber."

"What are you talking about?" Awsten said, now tired and confused.

"Your text? To come pick us up?"

"What? Dude, I've been asleep since we got back from Disney at like 11. I mean I'm sorry, I know you asked me to--"

"Well then who texted me back? Otto?"

Awsten looked over to see Otto out cold on the couch. He glanced around for a second.

"Hold on," Awsten said, walking to Geoff's room peeking in, saw the bed was empty. "Geoff?" He called, paused for  response and felt his nerves start to vibrate. "Jack?"

"Yeah?" Jack responded.

"Where's Geoff?"

Geoff woke up, looked down and smiled. The blond he was in love with was deep asleep on his bare chest. Geoff sighed away the sleep and kissed the top of his lover's head. He lied in bed for a while, tracing his fingers over the blond's bare shoulder and arm, trying to gently wake his partner up.

"Mmm... what time is it?" Floated up Awsten's sleep drunk voice as he began to stir.

"A little past 10, how'd you sleep?" Geoff murmured back, kissing Awsten's head again.

"Better than I have in a long time. How'd you sleep?"

"Like a rock," Geoff hummed, smiling a bit as Awsten attempted to scoot closer to him. "We've gotta be at the studio in a few hours."

"Mmm... five more minutes..." Awsten sighed, tilting his chin up to hide his eyes in the crook of Geoff's neck.

Geoff closed his eyes, wrapping his arms tighter around Awsten.

"...r.....Si... sir...... sir can you hear me?"

Geoff jolted up and looked around for the source of the voice. Awsten looked up at him with those big multicolored eyes.

"What? What's wrong?"

Geoff looked down at Awsten, gently putting an arm around him. "Sorry, hon, I thought I heard something."

"Mmm, I didn't hear anything." Awsten plopped back onto Geoff's stomach and sighed.  "I don't wanna leave the house today. Can we take a second honeymoon, please?"

Geoff chuckled, "People usually take second honeymoons after years of marriage. Are you saying we need to reconnect as a married couple?"

Awsten grinned. "In so many ways."

"We just got back two weeks ago, you goof."

Awsten looked up and wiggled his eyebrows. "but I like... connecting with you."

"Pervert." Geoff laughed, kissing his husband with a smile.

"What time do we have to be at the studio?" Awsten said against his lips, reaching up to wrap his arms around Geoff's neck.

Geoff winced in pain, his head suddenly throbbing intensely.

"What's wrong?" Awsten asked, pulling back to look at him.