Chapter 9: Concern

"Geoff?"

"Mmm..."

Awsten felt awful about having to wake him. But their show was in two hours and Geoff hadn't moved all day. He hadn't even woken when Jack had loudly waken up and left with a big obnoxious smooch planted on a sleeping Geoff's cheek. Awsten, as jealous as he was, found it pretty funny and giggled through breakfast about it.

"Geoff, come on, the show's soon."

"Mmm..." Was the only response Awsten to get out of him. Awsten chewed on his bottom lip and shook him again.

"Geoff, come on, as soon as the show is done, we can come back here for you to go to bed, we won't even sit at our merch booth." Geoff's eyes didn't even twitch. "I'm sorry, Geoff, but please, wake up."

"Kiss sleeping beauty and wake him up." Otto said from the chair where he was watching youtube videos.

"Otto, take this seriously please."

Otto rolled his eyes, before turning up the volume and ignoring the singer.

Awsten knelt by the edge of the bed so much guilt finding him as he watched Geoff finally sleep. He chewed on his bottom lip before leaning up slightly and lightly pressing a kiss to Geoff's cheek before grabbing Geoff's phone and going into the hallway to make a call.

Otto blinked and looked at the sleeping Geoff then to the door where Awsten had disappeared through. Seriously, Awsten could give him a kiss but not fucking talk about it? God that kid was exhausting. He was thinking about what lecture he should pull out on Awsten when the blue-haired singer came back in, sighing quietly, tucking Geoff's phone into his back pocket.

"Well?"

"Jack's going to play for us. He and Geoff have played our songs so many times together, he knows our set by heart." Awsten sat on the edge of Otto's bed, watching Geoff sleep. "I don't want to leave him alone, Otto."

"Then why didn't you just tell them we're out?"

"I can't disappoint the fans like that, our twitter is blowing up with all the people saying they're excited to see us."

"Mmm." Otto looked at Geoff too. "Well, what should we do? We can't sit here until we go on stage, we need to get down there for the soundcheck." Otto stood with that, looking for his bag.

Awsten didn't move, still watching Geoff. He sighed after Otto gave him a quiet 'Come on, Aws,' stood, grabbed his bag, and followed him out, with a final glance into the dark room where the heavy even breathing of his best friend was. He went back in for a moment to write a note for Geoff to find, paused and signed it quickly before scurrying out after Otto.

Geoff groaned, refusing to open his eyes, god he hadn't slept so hard and so well since before the beginning of tour. He pulled a pillow over his head and tried to settle back in for sleep before it hit him how quiet the room was. He whipped up, looking around frantically for Awsten, Otto, or Jack.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck! Guys??" He called, hoping someone was in the bathroom. With his heart in his throat, he scrambled for the analog clock on the nightstand. 7:23pm. Waterparks was supposed to be on stage in 7 minutes. The hotel was 20 from the venue.  "What the hell!!" He roared, kicking off the sheets, scrambled to get dressed, grabbed his bag, and looked for his phone, before noticing a little note on the nightstand with his name scribbled across in Awsten's messy scrawl. He picked it up while reaching for the hotel phone to call a cab.

'G-

I couldn't wake you, and I didn't want to. If you wake up before we get back, try and get back to sleep. Jack's going to play for you tonight, we all want you to get your rest. I have your phone since mine's busted. Call me if you need anything.