Chapter 3: Repose

Geoff, Awsten, and Otto were backstage after their set, the performance went great! Awsten was full of energy, Geoff was able to push away his worries and exhaustion-with the help of a quick chug of Redbull- and Otto was his usual happy-drummer boy self. Geoff was knelt at his equipment case, wrapping up some things when he felt someone ruffle his hair. Looking up, Jack was smiling down at him.

"Ya done good, kid." Jack grinned.

Geoff smiled back, but didn't say anything, looking back at the wires in his hand. Jack knelt beside him and helped him wrap some chords.

"Jay, you don't need to--"

"I know, but you look exhausted so I thought I'd help."

"Thanks..." Geoff sighed lightly.

"Have you talked to Awsten yet?" Jack asked quietly, glancing over his shoulder to see if Awsten was in ear shot.

Geoff shook his head. "Not gonna."

"Why not?" Jack looked a bit surprised. "Geoff, you can't push him--"

"I'm not pushing him away, I just..." He played with a switch on the pedal in his hands. "I don't want to add to his worry."

"Jack! Come on man!" Rian called from where the rest of All Time Low and their techs were waiting.

"Keep your panties on, I'm comin'!" Jack shouted back. The tall guitarist stood, ruffling Geoff's hair once more. "You need a haircut." He teased, winking, and left to join his bandmates.

Geoff just rolled his eyes, closed his packed up case and went to join Awsten and Otto who were headed up some stairs to watch ATL perform from a private balcony. They sat and watched as the headlining band came on stage, Jack wearing that ostentatious yellow flag like a cape still, determined to make it through the entire show with it on. Zack and Alex followed suit a few songs in, Alex tying a Gay Pride flag on, Zack tying on a fan-made ATL flag. Otto laughed when the three idiots started running around the stage to see whose flag had the best flutter. He glanced over and scowled, seeing Awsten and Geoff leaning away from each other, being the stubborn morons they were and insisting they were mad at each other.

' For literally no fuckin' reason.' Otto thought, rolling his eyes.

Awsten's foot started to bounce from nerves as Alex took his acoustic guitar and started singing 'Therapy' into his bra-covered microphone. He was glancing at Geoff more and more, who had his blue eyes firmly glued to his hands. Otto knew how this song affected Geoff, so he put his arm on the back of Geoff's chair, resting a hand on his shoulder. The entire venue was filled with the sound of fans singing with Alex, voices sounded stuffy as they sang the solemn words. Sure enough, Otto heard a slight sniffle from his left, he looked to see Geoff swipe at his eyes. Awsten's foot stopped bouncing, he reached over and rested his hand on Geoff's wrist, comforting their guitarist while he cried. Otto was just glad Awsten could stop being stupid long enough to be there for their friend. Geoff looked at Awsten's hand on his wrist, mumbling along with the words. He sniffled and placed his hand over Awsten's, who gave his wrist a comforting squeeze. Sure, he was mad at Awsten, but he was grateful that Awsten was still his friend and was still willing to comfort him.

During Alex's stage banter with Jack, Awsten stood to stretch his legs and meander off. Geoff caught him before he left the balcony, hugging him tight.

"I'm sorry..." Geoff mumbled.

Awsten pressed his face into his best friend's shoulder, hugging him just as tight.

"Me too."

They let go of each other, seemingly having made up. Geoff sat back down with Otto, Awsten wandered out to their van for some peace and quiet. The universe, however, didn't have peace and quiet in mind for Awsten.