26. Just a little Taste

This is another chapter that has a special place in my heart. It's also a little longer (Oops) than usually. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!🤍

***

Elle

My brows furrow, as I take another look at the piece of paper I was holding in my hands.

I should meet him in the garden. But what could he possibly want to show me there?

I fold the note in half, placing it in my pocket before I open the door and enter the hallway. As I walk past the windows, I notice that it must have gotten quite late, seeing as the hallway is now dipped in a soft orange light.

The house is quiet, the only sound that I could still perceive is the silent music that Harry had put on when I first arrived. I come to a halt next to the kitchen island, noticing that he must have already cleaned everything up, that we had used to make the apple pie.

A smile tugs on my lips as I let my eyes wander around the empty room, noticing the shadow of a figure sitting in the very back of the garden.
Snatching my wine glass from the table I make my way towards the huge glass doors, sliding it open, my feet quickly striding through the grass.

I've only been out here once, although I can't seem to remember much of the experience, since I wasn't exactly sober that night.

But much of what I could recall seems to be looking so different now, as the sun slowly sinks lower on the horizon, now almost reaching the ocean which is tinted in a spectrum of soft pastel-like colours.

Slowly I walk towards Harry, who is sitting in the grass at the end of the garden, with a near-perfect view of the underlying beach and ocean.

Palm trees lead the way to my left and right, as I come to a halt on the narrow strip of grass at the end of his garden. Just to the right, a wooden staircase leads further down -probably all the way to the beach- and I can't help but find myself envying Harry, for living so close to the ocean.

My eyes come to a halt on Harry who sends me a soft smile, patting the grassy spot next to him, motioning for me to sit down. His Hair is still wet, a few curls hanging loosely into his face.

At first, we sit next to each other in silence, our eyes focused on the ocean and the calming sound of waves washing up on the shore. He steals a glance of me, his eyes still focused on me as I turn to him.

"You look cute in my clothes," he mumbles, a soft smile on his lips.

I chuckle. "Well, enjoy while it lasts, because I won't be returning them for a while."

His sweet laugh rings through the air, both of us now glancing back at the colourful sky.

I take a quick sip of my wine, needing some liquid courage to speak up, "So, what did you want to show me, Harry?"

He breathes in deeply, his eyes focused on the setting sun.

"When you told me before that- uhm-" he pauses for a second, his head turning towards me, "-that you can't seem to control your thoughts; that you can't seem to control your life. That you feel like everything is so messed up. You made me think, Elle."

"About what?" I mumble, wanting to know more about what was going through his mind.

"Well, that's what I'm trying to explain to you, little flower." He takes another deep breath, his head turning back towards the sun that slowly lowers on the horizon, now only merely sitting above the ocean.

"Look at this sunset for example," he remarks, his eyes full of sparkle as he keeps on talking, "It's truly unique. Ever changing as the sun sets differently each day. But you don't try to control it, right? You don't watch a sunset and think 'the orange on the far-left corner could be a little bit softer'. You see it as it is, soaking in the beauty that comes with it. And even if it's different to the day before, that doesn't make it any less beautiful, right?"