06. Just tell me what you Think

Before getting into this chapter:

To all my active readers and everyone who read until here:
1. a big thank you
2. Comment your name and how you found my story! I'd like to get to know my regular readers:)

Enjoy this chapter 🫶🏻

***

For a few minutes, it was quiet after everyone left. The room was still dimly lit and the two of us just stood in the door, saying nothing to each other. My mind wanders back to what he had told me before.

"So less than two weeks before your album releases, huh?" I ask, breaking the silence.

I didn't want to be the one, who brought last night back up, knowing I ignored his most recent message. Again. I should've answered him, but I was just too confused with the whole situation at home.

"I know, that's why we already started rehearsing. I'm planning to have a release show, about a week after the album comes out. That is if there will be enough people that want to come to the show." He says nervously.

I can't imagine the feelings one would go through upon the release of a debut album. Putting yourself out there, being vulnerable, knowing that thousands of people are judging your music. He must go through a lot of emotions.

"Are you nervous?" I ask him softly.

"You can't imagine how nervous I am." His voice is quiet, his eyes focused on the floor.

"I think I can. It must be hard to put your first album out... not knowing what people will say? That scares me as well."

"Oh yeah, it is." He looks at the guitar bag I still had hanging on my shoulder. "Did you come here to write?"

"I wanted to yeah, but now I guess I'm just hanging out with you guys."

"Do you want to write? I mean... I can help if you want to?"

"Harry... I don't know if- "

"No." Harry suddenly cuts in. "Before you say anything, just listen to what I have to say. Please."

He points towards the couch at the side of the room so I walk over and sit down on it. My heart starts beating faster as I eye him nervously. I had no idea what to expect. In fact, I feel stupid for how I reacted last night, knowing it was probably a total overreaction.

I should've said sorry, but I didn't. We look at each other, the both of us not knowing what to expect, feeling the tension in the room only growing by the second.

"I'm sorry Harry," I start of trying to put what I'm thinking into words. "I totally overreacted last night. And I'm sorry I didn't text you back yet. To be honest, I didn't know what to write and I sort of had a –" A sigh escapes my lips, thinking back to the situation between me and Ben. "Well, eventful afternoon."

"Elle." His dimples are ever so prominent, as a laugh escapes his lips. "Would you just listen for a second, without saying anything? Please?" He pleads, his soft voice echoing through the room.

"M'sorry," I mumble, feeling slightly embarrassed at my blurted-out apology.

"It's okay." He mutters, swallowing hard before he starts talking. "You didn't overreact. In fact, you are absolutely right about everything you said. So please, give me the chance to explain myself, and then if you want to, you can go on to hate me." He tells me, his green eyes holding mine in a gaze.

"I could never hate you... you know that. I hope." I mumble.

"Well, it is good to hear..." A soft smile forms on his lips. He takes a deep breath, as I wait for him to start explaining. The silence only grows louder by the second, until he breaks it.