23. I will Bloom Again

Song: Too Sad To Cry - Sasha Alex Sloan

Happy 3 Month Anniversary to my little story<3 This story and especially this chapter has a special place in my heart and I hope you will love this one as much as I do.

***

Elle

After a while of driving, which has been filled with listening to music and staring out of the window, I lift my head to look at Harry. His eyes are trained on the road, his fingers hitting the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

"So, will you finally tell me where this mysterious place we're heading to is?" I ask him, his head turning slightly to catch a quick glimpse of me.

"That would defeat the purpose of it being a surprise, now wouldn't it?" I sigh annoyed, focusing my eyes back on the road we've been following for a while now.

We're still in Los Angeles, but instead of heading out of the city, we seem to head further in. Getting out of the house has been feeling good. Or rather being in Harry's presence has been feeling good. There was something about him, that even if just for the time being, would let me forget about all the baggage I'd been carrying around lately.

His calming presence seems to have the same effect as the weed I was consuming for the past week, making the bad emotions move into the background. Instead, there was one emotion that pushed itself into the foreground: Happiness.

It's feels like it's been weeks since I even felt remotely happy. But with Harry it was easy. Almost too easy. Truth is I can't help but feel scared at the thought of him being my only source of happiness right now.

But I need to take what I can get and hold on to what's working for now. All I want to do is grasp on to that feeling for as long as I can, before the bad emotions cloud my mind again, making the world around me feel like it has just been painted in black and white.

I reach down to pick up Blue, who has been taking a nap for a while but just woke up. He greets me with a happy bark, his curious eyes immediately looking around to take in his surroundings.

"Harry is going to take us out to do something fun today, isn't he?" I tease in a childish voice, drawing Harry's focus on me, an amused laugh leaving his lips.

"I have a feeling that Blue will love it." He mumbles, his eyes still focused on the road.

We take the next turn off the freeway, leaving the 101 behind us. Almost immediately after leaving the freeway the scenery around us changes, with a lot more trees and bushes coming into sight. We follow the road taking the next turn to the right, a sign finally telling me where we are.

We drive down the bumpy road, coming to a halt next to a few other cars on the parking grounds of Lake Balboa. Although I still have no idea what we are doing here, I am excited.

Harry turns off the engine, his voice now echoing through the silent car, making me startle for a second. "Shall we?"

I nod and put Blue's leash on before I open the door to meet Harry at the back of the car. He opens up the trunk, the inside revealing a Picnic basket, a guitar case and a blanket. My eyes watch closely as he lifts the lot of them out, turning his eyes back at me.

"Harry Styles," I say a grin now appearing on my lips, as I think about him planning to take me out on a picnic.

I can't help but notice that it makes me feel a certain way, knowing he put forth the effort, preparing a picnic basket and looking for a place where we could go today.