1: Arrival

=MIA=

I smiled as I checked my surroundings. It's a lot different than my country. My butt hurts from the number of hours I spent on the plane, but it's worth it because I finally made it to Los Angeles for my much-needed getaway. There are many foreigners present. No, hold on. I'm a foreigner at this point.

"Miaaa~! Miaaaa~!" 

I turned around when I heard someone calling my name. When I saw my cousin, I giggled and practically ran toward her. I instantly drop my luggage to catch her as she runs to me and leaps.

"Oh my god! Mia! I miss you." she said excitedly.

"Me too." I said and she finally got down. She's even more stunning now than the last time I saw her in person, which was three years ago before COVID happened when they went on vacation to the Philippines.

"You look stunning." I told her. 

She shrugs and says, "Ehh, I try. Girl, how are you?" She asked with a big smile on her face.

Kayla and I are close. Among the dozens of cousins that I have, I like her the most. She's one year older than I am, and I used to follow her a lot when we were kids when she was still living in the Philippines.

"As you can see, still sexy as ever." I jokingly said. She begins checking me out while laughing.

"Daaamn. Girl, I would kill to have your hips and nice ass by the way." she said which made me smile so wide. I know I'm pretty but it makes me happy hearing it from someone else. 

I posed for her while lifting my shirt a little to display the curve of my magnificent butt. She slaps and bumps her butt into mine while laughing.

She helped me pull my other luggage, "How was your flight?"  She asked while we were walking towards her car.

"I mostly slept the entire flight. I wake up to eat and go to the restroom, then I go back to sleep again." Although I slept a lot on the flight, I still feel drowsy. It might be jet lag. Currently, it's morning here in the States, and it should be nighttime in the Philippines.

"That's my car, the black one." she said pointing at the black SUV near us. 

"Nice car. Asensado much?" I playfully said, and both of us chuckled. We put my belongings in the trunk and headed over to their residence.

On the way to their house, I asked her to stop by a supermarket because I was hungry. She said we should eat out, but I said no. I just wanted to buy some snacks to munch on while we're on the road. She parked the car in the store's parking area. We exited the car and went inside the market.

"I'll wait for you outside, I need to answer a call." Kayla said and left. 

I started looking for peanuts because that's my favorite snack, but a bag of chips caught my attention. I tried to get one, but the thing is, I can't reach it. Why was it displayed so high?

I sighed. Even if I'm on my toes, I'm still unable to reach it. I was trying to get the chips when someone suddenly arrived next to me and easily grabbed two of them. I look at the person next to me, and he is tall. I'm probably around his chest area. Oddly, he's wearing black sunglasses inside a store, considering there's no sun inside. He has a thick beard and is donning a bucket hat.

"Aqui. (Here)" He said and gave me the other one. 

"Thank you." I said to him.

"De nada." He reponded. De nada? Isn't that Spanish for You're Welcome?

"Conejo! Vamos!" Said the other guy who just showed up and then both of them left. Wait, he just called him Conejo, like a bunny. Is that like an endearment? Or Conejo is his name?

After paying, we immediately left, and before I knew it, we arrived at their home. My aunt hugged me as soon as I entered the house. She bombarded me with sniff kisses and questions without giving me a chance to respond before asking another question.

My aunt ultimately agreed to let me go after my cousin Kayla intervened and informed her mother that I needed to rest. I had Kayla show me my room, where I will be residing for a few months. 

I love my room. The bed is comfortable, and I just want to lie down and sleep because of how soft it is.

Kayla helped me unpack my things, and we talked for a while. We had a lot of catching up to do. I found out that someone is courting her at work, but she doesn't like the guy. I asked where her little brother was because I hadn't seen him earlier, and she said he was still at school. I forgot that it's not yet school break.

We went down after unpacking, and the three of us chatted until my little cousin arrived. My little cousin, Kyle, who is now much taller and looking handsome, entered the house, and he dropped the bag he was holding as soon as he saw me. 

"Ate Mia!" He exclaimed before sprinting over to me and hugging me. I hugged him back and gave him a few kisses on his cheeks.

"Wow. He doesn't even let me kiss him now that he's a teenager. He really likes you." Kayla said while looking at us with envy. 

Kyle moved her sister out of the way so he could sit next to me, and I chuckled. Kayla rolled her eyes at us before going into the kitchen to help her mom to cook.

Her brother refused to leave my side that night, and he even started acting like a baby towards me. He wanted to sleep next to me, but Kayla didn't let him and told him I needed to rest. He then returned dejectedly to his room, and as I watched him sulk, I felt bad.

Kyle returned to his room, so Kay and I sat on the floor and chatted for a long time. We have a lot of catching up to do. We chatted for a long time and discussed our plans for the next day before turning in for the night.