thirty seven

While Caroline and Stefan were drinking, Quinn was begging Elena not to do anything stupid.

In Quinn's mind, Damon had been the one who had attacked her little sister Victoria in the woods... Biting her like some vampire-wannabe. 

While they had been dancing, Damon had clearly done the same thing to Caroline. 

Clearly the guy was out of his mind and they needed help dealing with the situation.

"Elena, don't! Please," Quinn begged.

Elena had a tight grip on Quinn's hand, storming down the stairs. Quinn watched with wide frightened eyes as Elena shoved Damon, the action causing him to stumble slightly in surprise.

"There is something seriously wrong with you," Elena seethed. "You stay away from us, or I will go straight to Caroline's mother - the sheriff. You got it? Stay away from us."

Feeling particularly vulnerable in that moment, Quinn squeezed Elena's hand and Elena allowed herself to be pulled away from Damon. Unshed tears blurred her vision as she felt Damon's gaze on her back.

Elena cleared her throat, her voice thick with emotion and her eyes glassy from unshed tears. "I-- I don't know what to do. I won't let him anywhere near us, ever again. Okay, Quinn? I'll protect you, I'm so sorry."

Quinn didn't know what to say, her mind reeling.

"It's okay, 'Lena. I'm okay, I love you. It's just-- oh, god, Victoria. Caroline..." Quinn whispered into her girlfriend's hair as she pulled her into a tight hug.

Elena gave Quinn another tight squeeze before releasing her, clearing her throat, "I love you, too. Right, we're okay. I need to find Stefan, he has some serious explaining to do."

Quinn faltered, "Um, no? We need to find Sheriff Forbes and tell her that we've got two serious stalkers following us and one of them thinks he's a fucking vampire!"

But Elena had spotted Stefan and was already quickly walked over to him.

"You need to get your brother under control." Elena seethed, and Quinn was glad she wasn't on the receiving end of the look Elena was giving Stefan.

"What did he do?" Stefan asked, alarmed.

"There are bruises on Caroline's body and bite marks! He has her all confused and messed up in the head." Elena told him, her tone harsh.

Stefan avoided eye contact with both girls and Quinn snapped, "You don't look surprised."

He seemed startled by Quinn's tone, quickly recovering to say, "Um... I'm handling it."

"Handling it?" Elena repeated, her tone disbelieving. "Stefan, you should be having him arrested."