twenty

After seeing the Comet, everyone had headed inside the Grill to grab some food. 

Tyler and Matt had even joined their table, but they were having their own separate conversation and not paying attention to what the girls were saying.

Quinn had told the girls about seeing Stefan in the hospital. None of them could figure out why he was there. 

"Expanding his list of stalking victims?" Caroline joked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Caroline." Bonnie scolded. 

"What?" Caroline asked defensively. "Why else would he be there?"

"I lost him in the blood donor room," Quinn explained with a shrug, Elena adding, "Which is weird, because I thought he had some kind of phobia of blood." 

"Or he has some kind of weird blood kink?" Caroline suggested, wiggling her eyebrows. 

All of the girls groaned, Bonnie throwing a screwed up napkin at the girl. 

Jeremy shuffled back into the Grill when he realised Victoria wasn't going to show up to watch the comet with him. He'd been sat in a booth sulkily when he realised he couldn't see her in the Grill either.

His mood worsened when he realised she could have gone off with Tyler, but upon closer inspection Jeremy could see Tyler sat at a table with his sister and her friends.

Moving out of the booth, he went up to them asking, "Hey, has anyone seen Vicki?"

Quinn immediately began to worry. 

It was her sister's first shift back at the Grill since the attack. She'd barely been out of the hospital five minutes and she had to fight with her boss about her waitressing schedule.

"You're her stalker. You tell us." Tyler rolled his eyes, annoyance clear in his tone.

Jeremy ignored him, saying, "I can't find her."

"She probably found somebody else to party with. Sorry, pill pusher, I guess you've been replaced." Tyler snarked.

"What's with the pill pusher?" Elena asked, defensively.

"Ask him." Tyler sneered, jerking his chin in Jeremy's direction.

"You wanna do this right now?" Jeremy challenged, eyeing up Tyler.

"Are you dealing?" Elena cut in, trying to catch her brother's attention.

"She's never gonna go for you." Tyler laughed, cruelly.

"She already did. Over and over and over again." Jeremy retorted, smugly.

"Yeah, right." Tyler scoffed.

"You slept with Vicki Donovan?" Caroline asked incredulously. "I mean, Vicki Donovan slept with you?"

Personally, Quinn didn't see what the big deal was.

Both Jeremy and Victoria were 15 -years-old, sure they were underage, but as those as they were both consenting it wasn't really any of the business of the slightly older teens at the table. Sure, Victoria had a bit of trouble with pills and alcohol, but that didn't make her a bad person. 

Quinn was 99% sure that most of the teens at the table were doing the exact same thing at Victoria's and Jeremy's age. 

"There's no way." Tyler denied adamantly, dragging Quinn out of her train of thought.

"And I didn't even have to force her into it." Jeremy stated firmly, glaring at Tyler. 

Quinn froze, feeling her throat constrict that the words. Force her into it?

"What the hell is he talking about, Ty?" Matt demanded, as Quinn slammed her drink onto the table.

The ice shook at the violent action, letting out an annoying clinking sound as they bounced off the side of the glass. Quinn glared at the glass, finding the sound extremely aggravating, before turning her glare to Tyler.

"Nothing, man, just ignore him, he's a punk." Tyler brushed it off, avoiding his Quinn's burning gaze.

"You know what, how about all of you shut up and help me find my sister?" Matt snapped at the rest of the group.

"We'll check the back." Bonnie offered.

"I'll check the square." Matt said, and Jeremy jumped in, "I'll come with you."

"Oh, no, no, no. You are coming with me." Elena intercepted Jeremy, dragging him away from the booth.

The booth was empty as everyone disappeared to help find Victoria.

Tyler tried to make a run for it, but Quinn latched onto his arm before he could move, forcing him to look at her.

"What the fuck, Tyler?" Quinn seethed. "That's my little sister."

Tyler rolled his eye, jerking his arm out of Quinn's grip, "Of course you're gonna believe him over me. Playing favourites with all the Gilberts, Quinn?"

Quinn just stared at him, hurt flashing across her face, as Tyler stormed off.