thirty eight

*THE PREVIOUS NIGHT AT THE FOUNDER'S PARTY*

"Thank you for staying so late."  Mayor Lockwood announced gratefully to the huddle of people in the room. 

Sheriff Forbes pressed her lips into a thin line, cutting straight to the point, "Did you get the Gilbert watch?"

Carol plastered a smile onto her face as she grit out, "No. She claims it's packed away in her parent's things."

Logan Fell cut in, "I can get it from Jenna."

The Sheriff grimaced, "Don't go hurting that poor girl, Logan. She's been through enough... If it wasn't for the fact that we needed the watch, I wouldn't be getting her involved at all."

"Are we sure then?"  Mayor Forbes asked. 

The Sheriff nodded slowly, "Five bodies all drained of blood? I'm certain."

Logan nodded, his attitude becoming more serious.

"They've come back."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

𝙐𝙝-𝙤𝙝, 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛
𝙄'𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣
𝙐𝙝-𝙤𝙝, 𝙄'𝙢 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙤𝙧
𝙈𝙮 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣
𝙄 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙖 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙠 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩
𝙏𝙤𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙗
𝙐𝙝-𝙤𝙝, 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙
𝙒𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Victoria's eyes drifted around the Gilbert bathroom. She was brushing her teeth as fast as she could, having thought she heard Elena and Quinn awake in the adjoining room.

The door swung open and Victoria looked at a dishevelled Elena Gilbert with wide eyes. She watched as Elena looked her over, no doubt recognising the clothes she wore as belonging to Jeremy.

"I--," Victoria stuttered, words failing her under the gaze of the older girl. "I'm sorry! I'm almost done..."

"It's... It's okay... Take your time." Elena replied, backing out of the bathroom as quickly as she arrived.