one

Elena Gilbert marched confidently towards the kitchen, beelining towards the coffee pot.

Jenna's hand shot out and took it back quickly, "Not a chance! You'll get me in trouble."

Elena pouted, tilting her head to the side causing her pony tail to fall over her shoulder.

Jenna laughed, "Don't give me those puppy-dog eyes, Elena Gilbert!"

"Cute pony! I wish I looked that good with my hair tied up." Quinn Donovan chirped, making Elena jump at her sudden voice.

"Jesus, Quinn! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Elena laughed, placing her hand over her heart jokingly with a huff. "But thanks, you look adorable in your uniform."

Quinn beamed at her in response, making her way around the kitchen table to bump hips with Elena, "You mean we look adorable in our cheer uniform."

"Are you always over this early, Quinn?" Elena's Aunt Jenna asked curiously, causing the blonde to hum in confirmation.

"Pretty much, there's always food in your fridge." The blonde supplied, a slightly teasing tone in her voice.

"Is Matt going through another growth spurt?" Elena laughed at Quinn's comment.

"Well he's eaten us out of house and home, so either that or he's gonna get fat." Quinn shrugged jokingly.

Truth was, there was never enough food in the Donovan household.

Not when her younger sister Victoria always had the munchies and Matt always needed energy for his workouts or whatever.

Quinn Donovan was practically an extension of the Gilbert family at this point, and always jokingly begged them to adopt her.

Elena laughed, "Did you at least get into the shower today before all the hot water was gone?"

Quinn nodded enthusiastically, "Yes! Honestly I've forgotten how relaxing hot showers are."

Jenna smiled at the duo, "Quinn, I'm pretty sure Miranda and Grayson wouldn't mind you having a shower over here if your siblings have used up all the hot water at home."

Quinn hummed thoughtfully, "You know, I'm basically a part of the furniture now so I suppose that's not too big of a stretch."

"Well good thing you had one at home today because Jeremy's  locked himself in the bathroom again," Elena commented. "Does he think we don't know what he's doing in there?"

Jenna laughed again, "He's 14. They don't think."

Elena and Jenna shared an amused look before they were joined in the kitchen by Miranda.

"Good morning, Mrs Gil—, I mean, Miranda!" Quinn quickly corrected, remembering how Miranda had insisted she call both herself and her husband by their first names.

"Good morning!" Miranda smiled at them. "How are my favourite girls?"

"Morning, mom!" Elena smiled, leaning in as Miranda cupped her face and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Have you girls had breakfast?" Miranda asked kindly, moving past the girls to reach from the coffee pot Jenna was guarding from Elena.

"Yep! You guys always have the best selection of cereal." Quinn nodded enthusiastically.

"Not yet, but I'll grab something before we go, I promise." Elena told her mother, who was looking at her expectantly.

"Okay, I'm trusting you." Miranda joked, pointing her finger at Elena.

Quinn would make sure Elena ate. Caroline Forbes had made a pretty poor comment about Elena a few weeks ago. Quinn had immediately made her apologise, but the damage was done.

"You girls look so cute, come here, let's take a picture." Miranda smiled, walking over to pick up the family camera that just so happened to be on the kitchen table.

The blonde and the brunette snuggled close to pose for the photo, Jenna insisting that they should take some silly ones as well as the more serious ones.