thirty two

Quinn and Elena made their way down the stairs of the Gilbert home. Jenna didn't even bother to question Quinn's constant presence anymore, she was just glad that someone was there for Elena. 

"To repeat, the animal terrorising Mystic Falls has been caught."

Quinn looked at the TV in surprise, commenting, "Really?"

"Scum ball... scum bucket." Jenna scowled, glaring at the television.

"Who are you talking to?" Elena asked from beside her, her tone curious.

"Him."

Elena looked over to where the TV was, "The news guy?"

"Also known as Logan 'Scum' Fell," Jenna replied. "Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

"Oh, no way!" Elena laughed. "You and him? He's... cute?"

Quinn laughed.

"He is not cute," Jenna denied adamantly. "There's nothing cute about him."

Jenna turned from the TV and followed Elena over to the kitchen table, noticing multiple boxes had been placed there.

"What are you doing with all this stuff?" She asked curiously.

"Quinn and I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood that she would loan it to the Founder's Council for their heritage display," Elena explained, gesturing to the boxes on the table.

Jenna picked up what appeared to be a wedding ring, turning it around in the light as she asked, "Is this Grandma Beth's wedding ring?"

"It's super pretty." Quinn commented.

"Originally, it was Great-Great-Grandma Mary's wedding ring." Elena informed them.

Jenna couldn't stop herself from peering into another box curiously.

Jeremy appeared beside them, picking up an item out of the box, "How much do you think this stuff is worth you know, like, on eBay?"

Elena leant over and snatched it from his hands with a huff, "You're not gonna find out."

"That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away." He argued.

"I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy." Elena retorted, annoyance lacing her tone.

Jenna rubbed Jeremy's arm comfortingly. Jeremy almost leant into the action before remembering he was meant to be a stroppy teenager, pulling away and leaving the trio alone at the table.