Dio's Ending (2): Frozen in Time

Three words that were so little yet changed the entire narrative the second they were spoken. (Y/n) batted her lashes, as if trying to replay what he said again. It wasn't Speedwagon... As much as she wanted it to be, it wasn't him. It wasn't any other admirer either. Ever since Dio made it clear who she belonged to, not a single person approached her. Her parents wouldn't gift her a rose either. They preferred to bring her fruits or something to eat rather than a flower.

That only made the scenario worse.

Speedwagon, any admirers, and her parents were ruled out. It told her that her window was opened on purpose that night. It certainly wasn't there when she got home, right?

"Miss (Y/n), you alright?"

All of a sudden, her hearing turned everyone's voices in the area into one blur. Her eyes darted around when there was an ominous entity passing by. She wasn't close enough to feel it entirely, but it only felt worse when her instincts were telling her to run and never look back.

Children's voices, adults' conversations, ship horns signaling which side they were on... They were all drowned out. She couldn't pick apart where the off energy was sensed... But whatever it was she didn't want a part in it.

"Speedwagon... Is there anything strange you feel?" (Y/n)'s hushed tone made him lean in.

"No, not at all, Miss. Do you sense something?" He took the chance to do a quick observation.

There were crew members boarding the cruise for the last time. Some of the staff were finished loading in luggage into the ship. The cargo must have been heavy as he saw two men struggle to bring in a large iron box. Speedwagon scratched his cheek, wondering what could be off that Miss (Y/n) was paranoid about.

"I don't see a thing, miss..." He was confused, hoping he didn't miss anything important that would have stood out.

The rose was all she had to go off on. To her memory it was a soft one. No thorns, just the rose and baby's breath. It sat on her desk and was knocked over because the window was open. Her window was open and there was a rose left behind. Who else had a taste for roses? Red ones to be specific-

Dio.

The fact she nearly missed that made her want to hit herself.

No...No no no no no no no... It couldn't be Dio... Dio was dead! Dio was dead, he should have been dead from how burned he was! He fell in from that cliff after the hamon blasted all the way in his body!

...Did he?

Now that she thought about it... Dio did have a lackey that obeyed his every order. She didn't think she saw him anywhere else. She assumed he died when Jonathan fought his way up into the castle!

"Bon Voyage!!!" Poco cheered loud enough for all to hear.

Wait, no, they can't leave! Not with this revelation! If her suspicions were true then...Then...

"No!" (Y/n) had no time to waste as she wove her way around the crowd, "No! Stop! Wait!"

"Miss (Y/n)!" Speedwagon called after, rushing down with her.

The ship had barely left the dock, splashing water as the anchor was secured. (Y/n) did her best to keep up, getting the attention of everyone around.

"Stop the ship! Wait! Don't let it sail!" (Y/n) cried, waving her arms in despair, "Jojo! Erina!!!"

"(Y/n) sure seems happy to see us," Jonathan waved back with Erina cupping her hands around her lips to project her voice.