Chapter 7: The Romancer

Home...At last.

(Y/n) dropped her luggage off when she got home, holding her parents tight when she arrived. She didn't get much time to settle in, picking up her long bustle dress to run in as she darted towards the manor. Her parents were just glad to have their daughter back home for good, returning to her usual routine as if she never left. She's brought them so many awards and trophies to hang up, they were wondering if they needed a new shelf in the house just for them.

(Y/n) had to make sure the Joestar manor was still there, she just HAD to. No way could such a large place disappear just like that, right? No way. She was going to get to the bottom of this if it's the last thing she does. Her mind raced, worried sick for everyone.

"Miss (Y/n)'s back!"

"Glad to see you again, Miss (Y/n)!"

Some of the citizens around her greeted her warmly, making her awkwardly weave around them when they waved. She took the time to wave back, not wanting to leave them hanging. Especially with how they were being so friendly towards her.

Then, there it was...

The bridge...

Was it better to take the path she didn't often take? That dream she had about the bridge never often ended well... Maybe she'd go a different path instead. Her feet hesitated, wondering if she was going to commit.

Maybe she could take a different path just in case. She couldn't take a gamble at her dreams just yet. Not right now at least. What if it was a warning? She's heard legends about people crossing bridges at a certain time and going into a new reality.

"You alright there, miss?"

(Y/n) perked up at the sudden rough voice behind her, stepping aside so she could get a better view. He sounded a little gruff, but it had a calming tone that told her nerves to unfreeze. Her bright eyes scanned his big frame. His accent wasn't as aristocratic as she listened, but it didn't hold any malice.

Though, that wasn't what she first noticed. She noticed the scar along his face first, wondering how he got them. They weren't anything to be ashamed of, if anything she thought each had their own story to tell.

Wait a second, that bowler hat looked familiar.

"I-I'm...Um...I'm okay..." (Y/n)'s guard raised up when she was approached, "It's not a big deal, don't worry. Just..."

The memory of her fingers nearly getting sliced off sent chills. She could have passed out from shock.

"Ah, the bridge..." He offered an arm, "Allow me to guide you across if you're uncomfortable. Seems pretty harmless to me."

"Yeah but your hat isn't..." (Y/n) kept staring at his bowler hat, watching him do some tricks with it here and there.

He turned himself around, a gentle smile across his face as he did so. (Y/n) wasn't sure if she wanted to trust him yet, not with the hat being implanted in her head. It was going to take a while for her to get comfortable around a bowler hat again. Maybe all hats in general. What about her hats? Did they have hidden blades in them too? She didn't even think about it until now!

What was it that Dio said sometimes?

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer..."

Yeah, how close was too close?

"My mom told me not to talk to strangers," (Y/n) replied, immediately slapping herself mentally at the statement.

It certainly got a laugh out of him. He had such a friendly laugh, sounding like someone that loved all of your jokes and just simply wanted a good time. Nothing malicious behind it. Not even a tease.

Musician's Muse ( Various!JJBA x Fem! Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara