Erina's Ending: "Lovers Instead"

A.N's Warning: This chapter has violent themes to it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donk!

"...What the?"

(Y/n) stirred herself awake when she peeped her eyes open. It was nearly evening and someone was already knocking on her window. Something was thrown against the glass, waking up the miss inside. She rubbed her head, groaning when she had to put her veil and hat on in order to properly peek outside of her window.

"Miss (Y/n)! Down here!"

"Miss Erina? What are you doing here?"

Seeing Miss Erina outside from under her window made (Y/n) extra confused. She wasn't expecting it to be her of all people but it was certainly welcomed!

"I was passing by and wondered how you were!" Erina waved back, "Would you like to join me for a stroll? The park's open!"

A stroll? In the evening? It wouldn't hurt, would it? Erina was sweet for inviting her, and perhaps this could be a good time to get some fresh air. She had been cooped up inside for who knows how long since the night of Dio's defeat. Evenings help wind down from a long day. Besides, why wouldn't you go with Erina? She was a kind soul with a lot of heart.

(Y/n) subconsciously fixed her hair, feeling a burst of eager energy back in her veins.

"I'd love to! I'll meet you in a few minutes, just let me get ready!"

She didn't get much options now that she had to wear her mourning dresses. It's alright, the dark clothing covered her up to the point where the only skin she'd show is her face if she took off her veiled hat. Now that Dio was officially deceased she was expected to grieve his loss for a few years before taking a new suitor. That would be alright, it's not like she was going to be scouting for anyone anyways. She just wanted to finally relax on her own terms.

Her parents were delighted to see their daughter step out of the house for once. They haven't seen her come out at all since Dio's death had been announced. She was missing for a few days, which was more than enough for them to worry about her leaving again. They didn't know the truth of what was actually happening around that time. All they knew was that their daughter was missing, Dio was missing, Jonathan didn't know where any of the two went, and Mr. Joestar had perished in the fire. They were grateful that (Y/n) had returned, just glad to see her safe and sound. She didn't detail them what had happened. Her silence about the ordeal told them that they shouldn't pry.

It was as if she came back a completely different person. She wouldn't even lift up her mourning veil inside of their home. The sight was painful to witness as she was trying to recover from everything. She was very active at night though, which was both a good and bad thing when it came to her rest. She didn't eat much either. Despite all of that she seemed completely healthy in terms of her physical state.

The best they could do was help her heal from the trauma. It was nice that Miss Erina invited her out to get some fresh air.

"Thank you, Erina," (Y/n) walked alongside the kind nurse as they made their way to the nearby parks, "I didn't realize how much I needed to get out more until I saw myself in the mirror, looking dead....As usual..."

Erina chuckled from her words, "I don't think you look dead. Besides, you're livelier than most I know."

(Y/n) smiled at that sentiment. Erina knew just what to say whenever they were together. She was a good person to form a bond with. Anyone would be lucky to have her in their life.