Chapter 19: The Trailblazer

"Doobie?"

Dio shoved (Y/n) right inside, closing the door tight as he entered the red room. She stumbled in, her dress cage caused some of the tile to scratch when the exposed sharp ends were revealed. She could see the dark towering figure above her as some of the hybrid animals Dio had crafted resting by the throne. Human heads on dog bodies, cat heads on birds. Those weren't the main concern. While they were annoying, she had a bigger threat.

Doobie.

"What...is that?" (Y/n)'s breath hitched, her legs quivering when she saw the giant with a sack over his head.

"That, my dear, is our little pet. He's a little bloodthirsty but that's besides the point," Dio stepped back when (Y/n) was frantically dodging every tackle Doobie clumsily attempted.

The idiot being would fall into the ground, get back up, only to slip and fall back down again. Dio figured he'd be a worthy opponent for (Y/n). His time was running short, so he had to train her as soon as possible so she could prepare herself to fend for her wellbeing without him. As much as he'd love for her to depend on him for everything, from how she was running off and bumping into things he worried that she wouldn't have the strength to take on an opponent twice her size. Then again she was smaller than him, her strength was unlike most but still smaller than Doobie's comparison. Doobie's drive was simple: Kill for his master.

"Dio!"

(Y/n)'s drive at the moment was "do or don't". She wasn't precise like she used to be. She didn't have time to analyze her opponent. She needed to make time if she wanted to. Opponents weren't going to be fair to (Y/n) in the future if she didn't learn this soon.

This was it. He didn't know how long he had with her anymore. He couldn't prepare his army. He already had his vampiric skills, so he had the upper advantage to defeat his brother. He'll have to depend on his luck and skills. He'll have to use everything to his advantage.

It pained to hear his beloved's cries and begs for him to call it off. He forced himself to tune them out, biting his lip as he turned away. There was no way he was coming back from this. There was no turning back at all. He could only fight for his ending, his ending with (Y/n) by his side.

"Everything I've ever done I've always wanted to include you, my love."

"No, Dio wait- don't!" (Y/n) hit her fist on the door when Dio shut it behind him.

She slammed her palms, shocked that he was leaving her with Doobie. (Y/n) choked up at his act.

"Don't worry, I'll step in to help you when things get too much," He spoke from the other side, "Play nicely~"

(Y/n) growled, kicking the door in response, "Dio, you bastard! When I get out of here I'm going to kill you!!!"

"That's the spirit, (Y/n)!"

Unbelievable. (Y/n) took a calm breath, smoothing her (hair type) hair back as she could see the confused Doobie on the other side of the room. He was examining the veil he tore off of her head, finding the fabric sheer and fascinating. It was bad enough he was a large killer creature. It was worse how fast he was.

Doobie held the veil up the eyehole on his bagged face, feeling the beads and carefully crafted lace. He pulled it to feel if the material was stretchy then sniffed it.

So that's what Miss (Y/n) smelled like. No wonder why his master was very fond of her.

A shame he left her in the room with him.

(Y/n) broke off one of the metal bones on her dress cage, holding it by the dull end while the sharper one was used as a makeshift dagger. Her bouquet was too far to reach at the moment. She needed to sneak herself over to actually puncture him. That's if she got lucky. He was distracted with the veil as if he had never seen anything like it.