Chapter 8: The Weirder

The crisp grass was nice and cooling as two little love birds laid in the blanket they spread out. It was comforting to have each other by their sides, an arm around another's waist, and watching the moon lull everyone in her beauty to rest. The light from the moon was cold, cold and perfect for the two of them to watch the stars above.

"My dearest (Y/n)...I need to ask you a few things."

"Go ahead, Dio, ask me anything."

(Y/n) and Dio laid in the blanket together, hand in hand as they watched the stars twinkle. She used to do this with Jonathan but... Dio got to her first and invited her. No matter, she loved Dio.

Didn't she?

"Wouldn't it be nice to know our fates? Like how we die? Who we loved? What would happen if we chose a different path?" Dio asked as he kept his eyes on the stars, "We know the unknown, and that's what gives us some control in life."

(Y/n) thought about the question a little, wondering what life would be like if she knew who she'd end up with. If she knew how she died. If she knew what happened with certain decisions. If she did know what her fate was, did she really create her own fate then?

"...I don't know... Sometimes not knowing gives us some room to make improvements. It lets us have more freedom... And while it would prove useful in case... Say I die of a murder and I know who it is... Would I be able to stop it? Or will it remain there until I die?" (Y/n) sat herself up to stretch, only for Dio to pull her back in so he could keep his arm around her.

"You make a valid point... But if you knew how and when you died, that gives you an opportunity to make connections you wish you did, tell people how much they mean or don't mean to you, etc, etc," Dio's head stayed still, though he did move his eyes to see her.

(Y/n) knew that he wanted her to rest her head on his shoulder, so she inched closer so he didn't have to say it. He was too prideful, but had no problems asking (and demanding) a kiss or cuddle. Especially when he wanted to show off.

"What if the person I'm destined to love wasn't you?" (Y/n) kept her eyes on the stars as if she was trying to find a constellation.

What if she wasn't destined to be with Dio? The Dio Brando. No... Just Dio. No association with his lowlife of a dead father he had. What if she wasn't destined to be with him for all eternity? Would he force fate to bind them together? Forever and ever? For all realities?

What if she found someone better than him in another reality? Would it matter in this one? Would she choose another person in the other life they'd live?

The thought of it was just... Disheartening to say the least. The thought of her leaving him, THE DIO, for another person. Another disgusting, filthy, underqualified person holding hands with his dearest (Y/n)? The only person he's ever loved aside from his mother?

N

E

V

E

R

He'd rather rewrite reality to achieve synchronization of their eternal binding.

"I'd love you through every universe..." He reassured her, sliding back into that charismatic persona he always put up to win her over.

Well, he technically won. He just needed to make it official.

"I'd force reality to pick us together. We'd have castles, power, kingdoms so powerful gods would envy us!" Dio rose up, letting his day-er-night dreaming (?) get to his head, "Think of all the people we could get our revenge on. All the children we'd bear. All the time we'd have together!"