Chapter 3: The Favour

"(Y/n)! Meet Erina. Erina, meet (Y/n)!"

(Y/n)'s neatly groomed (hair colored) hair stuck out from the wind blowing against it. She was trying to give a good impression to Erina without seeming like a mess. Her curtsy was quick, much like the country girl's.

Erina was a cute girl, and (Y/n) could see why Jonathan liked her so much. She had pretty blonde hair that looked so soft. Her dress made her look like Alice from Alice in Wonderland. Her eyes were kind, and she looked so delicate.

"Ahem..."

"Oh, and this is Dio!"

Dio stood by (Y/n) as she and Erina giggled. Jonathan was trying his best, he hoped everyone got along. That's all he ever wanted.

"A pleasure to meet you," (Y/n) greeted, "I like your dress, Erina!"

"T-Thank you, (Y/n). I like yours as well. It's got a cute shade of (favorite color)."

(Y/n) could see where her timidness was. She was growing more in confidence, but meeting new people was enough to make her blush nervously. (Y/n)'s reassuring gaze calmed her down, making small conversation with her. It felt as if they'd known each other for years.

"You two best be on your way now. Go play over there. Shoo."

Dio played his part being a somewhat supportive person. He was just eager to get (Y/n) away from them. The further the better. He even set up a picnic for god's sake.

"O-Oh, alright. We'll just be over there and," Jonathan got a 'love shove' from Dio, "We'll be back!"

(Y/n) waved as the two ran down to play with Danny in the field. She couldn't believe she was...stuck with Dio... They were stuck with each other. He wandered to the blanket he placed in the grass, claiming his territory and lying down. Just when he was going to make (Y/n) sit with him, she pulled out her own blanket from the basket she brought, sitting down and scribbling some music notes.

So much for a playdate. Then again he brought his books outside, which would be hard to play with unless they were thrown at each other.

"(Y/n), it's a beautiful day and you're spending it on some music sheets? You don't even have a violin with you," Dio scoffed, seeing her hand scribble some notes.

"The day may go, but your goals will stay," She glanced up at him before going back to writing, "One day going is one day wasted if there's nothing complete."

Dio's brows raised with contemplation. She had a point. He never ended his day without writing down his own plans for the future. An ambitious girl like her would do anything for her end goal. He liked that.

Maybe she's not as bad as he thought.

Opening one of his books he flipped to the chapter he was following up on. More philosophy for him. (Y/n)'s words were like poetry and all, but at least he can read some phrases over and over again in his book.

"Got any favourite composers?" He wanted to make light conversation.

A great opportunity to learn more about her. The more information the merrier.

"I really like Beethoven. He's one of my inspirations," (Y/n) showed Dio one of the music sheets she had, one of Beethoven's works, "His music is beautiful, I wish I could have met him."

Dio gave her a small glance, the sheet she showed him had notes he recognized. A few of them he didn't, they seemed more complex than math.

"Wasn't he deaf?"