Chapter 18: The Successor

A.N: Trigger warning- Graphic violent scenes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jojo, look out!"

Jonathan turned back, seeing a large and daunting shadow behind.

"Tarkus!"

The zombie knight moved behind Jonathan, crushing the armor his fallen comrade had left behind under his foot like it was sand. He watched as it shattered into multiple pieces, shocking Jonathan at how little he cared about the loss of Blueford

"How could he heartlessly destroy the one remembrance of his dear friend?" Jonathan exclaimed.

"Blueford, you worthless coward! I admired you... But alas you were a trickster! I will always be the master of murder!" Tarkus raised his giant sword, "I'll kill and crush using brute force alone! Let me hear your anguished cry!"

The enormous zombie jammed his sword into the ground, splitting it apart underneath everyone's feet. His gleaming green eyes were shining with insanity. Poco didn't get a chance to entirely process what was happening. The boy fell right through as everything collapsed, screaming out before being caught by the back of his shirt. Jonathan held the boy in his arm, smiling lightly as he set him down in the safety of the group.

"Nice catch, Jojo!" Speedwagon was glad to see Poco safe, any later than a second and the boy would have been buried under all of that rubble.

There were bigger problems unfortunately. The cliff was crumbling a little too fast to everyone's liking. They had to think of a quick plan before they're gone for good. Zeppeli glanced towards the dried leaves they were standing on, picking up as many as he could. They were littered everywhere.

"These leaves..." Zeppeli was struck with an idea.

It might be absurd. It might be ludicrous. It might even be outrageous... But it was now or never. Either use the leaves as a paraglider or suffer falling to their deaths.

Which is something no one wanted to do.

"Jojo!" Zeppeli called, getting Jonathan's attention, "Follow my lead!"

"Yes, sir!"

Jonathan followed the movements of Zeppeli, controlling his breathing as the older gentleman inhaled. An electrifying force emitted past their fingers as they transferred it into the dried leaves below.

"Life Magnetism Overdrive!" The both chanted, causing the leaves to layer upon each other.

The leaves began to attract each and every one towards the hamon users, creating a large and sturdy paraglider. Whether this worked or not the bigger threat was Tarkus charging at them with full force. Holding it above their heads the two men called Speedwagon and Poco to grab on. Speedwagon held onto Zeppeli. Poco climbed onto Jonathan's back so he could securely keep himself there.

Just as Tarkus swung his giant sword, everyone hopped off of the dropping cliff. They held on tightly as it took flight. Endowed with the faint magnetic field, the human body became a living magnet. The Overdrive could increase the field's power. This was transferred into the leaves to create a massive magnetic sheet.

"Amazing!" Poco was taken aback, turning his head and mooning Tarkus in an effort to taunt the zombie before holding tight again.

"You have a lot of tricks!" Tarkus shouted back.