C Class hunters will be sent on special missions and often raid unique dungeons for their guilds and home country. They are usually paid a salary, but basically all C Class hunters have special contracts so it's hard to know. C Class is pretty much the pinnacle of a hunters dream career.

Once a year the Hunters Association hosts a B Class Advancement Exam. It is pretty secretive, not many people know what goes on at that exam. All the public knows is that the minimum level to enter is 500. Only a few dozen people in the country challenge that exam every year. Mostly very old senior hunters and prodigies that have dared make it to that level. One in a million hunters ever make it to the B Class rating. It's a dream within a dream for most.

The Hunters Association has 90% of B Class hunters in special contracts with the government. They're rarely seen out, usually raiding special high class dungeons for the government to collect resources. The remaining 10% are either retired company owners or run some of the private big guilds. The life of a B Class Hunter is a mystery to most.

Lastly A Class Hunters. There is no exam to reach A Class. In the 80 year history of the dungeons in our world there have been under 100 reported A Class Hunters. About 40 of them are alive today. Split between 78 Nations, you're a huge military power if your country even posses 1. The country I live in posses 4 A Class Hunters. We have a large population, and we are said to be in the "Great 10 Military Powers". Which is a nickname given to any country that has over 2 A Class Hunters.

The only "requirement" to become an A Class Hunter is to surpass level 1000.

They are all like real life super heros to the world. Many comics and books are written about them. Everyone follows them in the daily paper. Every young kid's dream is to meet an A Class hunter once in their life, it's like meeting a mega celebrity.

50 years ago, after the Great War there was said to be rumors of "S Class" Hunters. There are no records of any individuals with this rank even to this day, but people like to dream. In the Hunters Association Archives a Rating for "S Class" is available for Hunters that reach level 10000. Most people brush it off as rumors, and some write fiction stories about "S Class Heros"....

"HELLLOOOOO??"

"....."

"HEEEEEELLLLLOOOOOO????"

I saw Abby's wide green eyes less than a meter away from my face waving her hand in front of my face while leaning over the table.

"S-Sorry, it's a bad habit. I tend to day dream in the worst situations."

She giggled.

"Hehehe"

The man stood up.

"Well thank you for your time Jay, we will report this to the association. Accidents happen in the dungeons, there's nothing we can do right now but take your word on the matter and let time take its course."

"Yes sir, thank you for listening."

He walks to the door but hesitates for a moment and turns back.

"May I see your status window? We may need to report this as well. Better to have as much information on the matter as possible."

I nervously open up my status.

"S-Sure."

[Status Open]
_____________________
Name: Jay Soju

Level: 26

Hp: 135/135

Mp: 135/135

Strength: 67 [+50]

Speed: 75

Agility: 80

Defense: 62

Mental Strength: 68

Skills:

Absorption
Swordsmanship

Items Equipped:

Stainless Steel Long Sword [+50 Strength]

_____________________

The man looked for a moment and Abby stretched her neck to take a look too. Her eyes went wide.

"Ouuuhhhh you have two skills too?? Swordsmanship is a good one, what's the first one do?"

My heart stopped for a second, it felt like my stomach was about to come out of my mouth.

"O-oh It-It's..."

"...."

She stared at me with a blank but curious look on her face.

"It's It.. it's"

I was panicking in my head, I didn't prepare for this. I'm a dumbass. How could I walk into a government building the day I found out a secret that decided to keep from the world... I have to think of something..... Then I thought of that first party I paid to help me awaken my status and what the leader said when he saw my skill. Of course...

"It's... an MP absorption skill. Whenever I fight monsters I can replenish MP to continue using my swordsmanship skill at full power... it's a neat combination right?"

Abby grinned.

"Ouuuhhh I like it, I like it, I likeeeee it. Jay you should join the association, they treat double skill hunters like you and me really well here."

"I uhh, I'll think about it."

She pouted a bit, but still looked happy as could be.

"Hmmph okay. Here's a card."

She handed me a black card with the representative branch number on it and a big "HA" logo.

"Call us anytime, good talk Jayy."

She smiled and bobbed as she turned to the door and walked out in front of the man. He nodded at me.

"Thanks Jay, that's all for today. You may go home."

He left the room as well.

I sat there with my heart racing. I think they bought it. I just lied straight in the government's face... There's no way I can join the association now.

After a few more minutes the lady with the bright smile knocked on the door and escorted me out of the building while making corporate small talk.

I walked to the nearby train platform down the street and took a one way route to Alpine Square Dungeon.