Christmas traditions

Y/n - Leah, wait here
And with that I just run downstairs leaving her standing alone in her old bedroom.
I need to go get my last gift for her as well.
Her family is just staring and laughing at me while I run and grab a small bag from my jacket and then straight upstairs to Leah. Probably thinks Im crazy and I will have to explain later.
As I enter her old bedroom again I'm totally out of breath. Leah is still standing where I left her before running away just a bit less happy then before.
Y/n - here (is everything I say before passing the gift to her)
While I catches my breath Leah starts to open her gift.
It's almost the same box as she gave me but inside there's a beautiful necklace instead of a bracelet.
Y/n - I guess great minds think alike (smiling at her)
Leah - I guess they do (smiles back)
Y/n - no shock but turn it around
Leah does as I say and turns it around her says the same thing as my bracelet.
(It says I Love You)
Y/n - I do Leah, I love you
Leah - oh thank god, I love you so much
*pulls Y/n into her and starts to kiss her passionately*
Y/n starts to laugh into the kiss wait why thank god?
Leah - well you did run away after reading what my bracelet said so I was in a bit of a shock.

Oh my god now that I think about it maybe I should have said something instead of just running off

leaving her after putting her heart out there.

Y/n - Leah I'm so sorry I just wanted to show you your gift as well I didn't even think about it.
*kisses you again*
Leah - stop worrying it all worked out in the end.
Y/n - yes it most definitely did.
Leah - I love you *kisses your forehead and hugs you*
Y/n - I love you too *tightening the hug*

We go back downstairs and joins the rest of the family for some more games before making our way over to my dad and brother's house.
We went from being over the moon to back on the ground in like five seconds as soon as we walked through the door.
Inside of the house my dad and brother were sitting in the living room watching a movie. Me and Leah went in said hi and good night before we went to my bedroom and started getting ready for bed. Once we had made it to the bed we just laid there watching each other.
Y/n - I'm really happy you're here (small smile)
Leah - no where else I rather be (smiles back)
Y/n - just to warn you the mood in the house probably won't change that much from how it was downstairs. And I probably won't be as happy as today but I'm still happy that you are with me. *kisses Leah's lips softly*
Leah - I know that, and just so you know I will still love you tomorrow and every day after that.
With that I turn around and Leah cuddles up behind me and kisses my head.
Y/n - good night Le I love you
Leah - sleep tight.

The next day me, Will and dad where like walking zombies and Leah was trying to find the right words to say.
This day is usually pretty similar every year for me and Will this is the day we lost our mom but to our dad it's just the beginning of losing her since he spent time with her in the hospital.
The day went on we all went to see her and brought her some flowers after that we went back home and watched some movies.
This year it felt different because of Leah I was not sad the whole day because every time I looked at her I felt loved and she always returned me looking at her with a smile.
The day ended with sitting in the living room with Leah by my side and thinking about my mom.
Tomorrow we have a team meeting and a easy training session before we have some more days of until the new year.