What a sweet welcome home

It was very early, I got ready with half lidded eyes. I really don't think I can do this... I walk into the kitchen and grab some food. I just know Inoske will get hungry. I was all ready and waiting by the gates of the butterfly estate. Inoske walks up to me.
"You ready dumbass?!" He exclaimed with a wide grin on his face. I give him a soft smile.
"Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go pretty boy." I say with just enough fake enthusiasm as I can muster up. Don't get me wrong I love being with Inoske for missions,but why here? Why this place of all places? We started our path down to the Red Region Valley.
"If I can remember this correctly my crow told me the directions. We just head south for a while ok?" I asked the boy turning my head to face him.
"Yeah all right let's go." He said slinging his arm around me.

Well at least I have him.

-time skip to a sooner arrival-

35 minutes left. 35 minutes left and we'd be there. I don't think I can do this. Everything around me just felt spiny and gross, and I was sweating like crazy. Inoske has been dead quiet. Why hasn't he been talking at all? Why hasn't he asked me for food yet? It was so unlike him. We walked for about 10 more minutes and there it was in the distance. I could feel my aura become tense, I swallowed a lump in my throat. Inoske stops in his tracks. I snap out of it a little.
"Oh do you want to take a break Inoske? Are you hungry or thirsty?" I said starting to dig around in my bag for food.
"No I'm good...." He said with a intense aura. I turn to him confused.
"What are you not telling me y/n why are you acting so weird? I'm worried about you?" He said walking towards me with concern written all over his face.
"Oh...Inoske I'm ok really I mean it." I said looking at him. He tucked a hair behind my ear.
"No your not y/n." He said looking back at me again. My eyes widened a bit and my breath hitched in my throat. 

Inoske POV:

Her eyes got teary. Oh no. Was it my fault for saying something?! I hugged her.
"Hey don't cry?! It's ok that your not ok! Don't be sad I'm here!" I said patting the back of her head hoping it will make her feel better.
"They don't like me here Inoske..." she muttered into my chest trying not to cry.
"Inoske..." she continued

"I'm scared." She Said holding on a bit tighter. My eyes went wide and I held on to her tighter. I don't think I have ever heard her say that.
"Hey hey don't be scared I got you I'm right here." I said pulling away and taking her hand in mind.
"We can do this." I said and started to walk closer.

We were at the gates. I looked at y/n and she took a deep breath in.
"Ok.. let's do this." She said giving me a soft smile. I smiled back and walked in with her.
"THE DEMON SLAYERS HAVE ARRIVED!" An announcer, shouted to the town. We walked in and all the people in the town stopped to look. People started gasping in shock. That's weird I thought they were used to this? They started murmuring amongst the crowd. I thought they were close with the demon slayer corps why were they acting so strange.

" TRAITOR!!"
"COWARD!!"
" YOU LEFT OUR TOWN TO ROTT YOU BASTARD!"
"EVIL WITCH!"
" YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN THE ONE TO DIE!"
" YOU BITCH TURB AROUND!"
"WE DONT WANT YOU GO BACK TO THE CORPS!"
"UGLY RAT!"

They were screaming horrible things and booing. One person thanks me and another gives me some food. That's when I realized they weren't talking to me... they were talking to y/n. Why would they say such horrible things?! I look up to see people starting to throw food at her. Tomato's and other foods start to hit her splattering into her hair and clothing. They started to throw all sorts of heavy and sharp objects ate her while shouting such dehumanizing insults. I grit my teeth and walk faster. I start to run with her hand in mine into the demon slayer housing. I shut the gates behind us and avert my attention to her.
"Hey are you ok?!" I say cupping her cheeks. She starts to cry.
"I'm sorry...."

AWWWW I CANT WITH BACKSTORIES!!! I mean sad backstory = good character so what can I say 🤷‍♀️. Anyways I hope that everything in your day goes incredible! I love love love LOVE all of you and I hope you all have a great day/night!

(817 words)