Chapter 19

Jeremy was in Chad's apartment talking to him and Meg.

"You're going on telly with Jill?" said Jeremy.

"I didn't want to, but Charles's boss turned up the heat and I had to" said Chad.

"Chad the lad! I'm your singing partner. Whatever happened to pals before gals?" said Jeremy."

"You know who came up with that saying? A guy with no girlfriend" said Meg.

"Jeremy, calm down. Jill and I went on TV together once" said Chad.

"Always the same old story; I have to do everything. Although in this case, you're the one doing it alone" said Jeremy.

"Jeremy, please. You've heard that record they made. I've heard it so many times... I wanna see it live. Don't you wish you could have seen it before?" said Meg.

Jeremy took a breath and took what she'd said into account. He loved Chad, so he leaned towards letting him take this opportunity.

And as angry as Jill made him in the past, he honored her for wanting to take it on.

"Well... now that I think... maybe I would like to see her overcome that fear of hers" said Jeremy.

"Then you'll watch us?" said Chad.

Jeremy smiled at his best mate. "Absolutely."

"Yay! So you're good" Meg guessed.

"Perfect. Chad, do you know when the show is on?" said Jeremy.

"Tomorrow. Which reminds me, I better get to it. New York is awfully far from here" said Chad.

"Good luck!" said Meg.

She gave her husband a kiss on the mouth before he started off.