Chapter nine, "what are you doing here?"

Start from the beginning

He turns his head, still asleep, but now I notice that there are wrinkles in between his eyebrows. Something is wrong. I can see that.

Sky turns again, harsher this time, and a breath hitches at the back of his throat.

What's wrong? I think

Sky's breathing sharpens, and by the time I put my hand on his, to prevent his obvious nightmare, I can see it's too late.

He tosses and turns from time to time, his face scrunched up as if he sees a threat no one else can.

I try to gently shake him awake, but then he groans.

"Stop...Stop! Let me-me go!" He whimpers

I stare. What's happening? I can see he is having a nightmare, but why won't he wake up?!?

I shake him again,

"Sky..." I mutter soothingly, "Sky wake up!" The last words went out sounding harsher then I meant, because I am really very worried now. Why won't he wake??!?

I try to still him, using my hands to pin him down to the mattress, but he struggles like his life is in danger. I see tears form in his eyes and I know I need to try harder to stop this- whatever it is.

"Sky!" I half yell.

His eyes spring open and he sits up, quick. He blinks a few times, and looks at me.

And then, the poor, miserable, shuddering Sky was gone, and his mask is on within moments. His tears vanish instantly. And he looks at me

"What the heck are you doing here?" He croaks, his voice hoarse from sleep.

He tries to stand up, but I push him back on the bed with strength a sick person cannot resist.

Sky looks at me angrily, and I wonder,

Has he always been so good at hiding his real feelings?

Im worried about him, and I don't know why. I mean, I know why I'm worried, he's sick and all, but I don't know why this worries me so much. Too many worries. Uhhh!

I notice his black golden eyes on mine, and I gaze back. He rolls them. Then I remember it's not a "wow, what a handsome person is in front of me" gaze, the one I usually get from others, it's a "Omg? Annoyyying!" gaze, and he's the only one who does that.

I haven't answered! I realize.

"I- umm, Rain called me..."

Sky looks shocked at first, betrayed, angry, and then, all emotions are gone from his pretty face again.

He tries to stand up once more, and I try to stop him, but he says "It's my dorm, If anyone is making the rules here, it's me."

With that, he swats my hand away, trying to hurt me, but unable because he is too weak right now. He stands up with a struggle, and I stand myself to help him, but he glares at me, and I back away.

He walks to the bathroom, and I know anyone with his temperature would stumble on his way, but Sky is too stubborn to show any weakness. I sigh as he closes the door.

What have I gotten myself into? And why do I feel like the more he pushes me away, the more I want to be closer?

Again, the questions remain unanswered.
——————
Third Person POV
——————

Sky wakes with a start. This time, the nightmares wouldn't have stopped if not for a pair of hands on his shoulders.

Sky opens his eyes, and is greeted not by Rain's, unfortunately, but a pair he definitely does not want to see again.

It's because of him the nightmares began again. If not for Prapai's interest in Sky, Sky wouldn't feel like sh*t right now.

Gun had visited him again.

With cold sweat on his forehead, Sky gets himself together.

"No weakness." He repeats constantly inside his head, and Sky blinks to get the tears out of his eyes.

He wouldn't let anyone see him way, especially, for some reason, Prapai.

" What the heck are you doing here?" Sky's voice comes out hoarse.

That's when he feels it. His back muscles tightening.

Sh*t

Not here! Not in front of him!

Sky tries to stand up, but Prapai grips him, and settles him down. True, everything hurts when Sky tries standing up, but he knows he needs to, no matter what.

Sky glares at him, because how annoying that handsome man is! The more handsome the more annoying!

He looks back at Sky with a pair of dark brown eyes. Sky rolls his own.

He knows Prapai wants nothing more than to play. He won't let him do that.
Especially, since Sky was running out of time. His seconds were ticking, and Prapai still hasn't answered.

"Rain told me..." he says at last.

Sky feels so betrayed, but he knows he could feel with Rain later. His wings however, need "Now", so Sky tries standing up again. Prapai stops him once more.

Uhhhh! Brat!

"It's my dorm, If anyone is making the rules here, it's me." Sky says, glaring at the older man, even though it hurts.

He gets to his feet, and this time, nobody stops him. Instead, Pai stands up with Sky.

Sky knows there is no time left to argue. His wings are appearing again any second now, so he has to get away. Quick.

Every inch of Sky's body hurts when he walks, but he still manages because he needs to.

Sky practically runs to the bathroom, and shuts the door behind him. And it's good he does, because a second later, his muscles give a familiar expand and attract, and his wings rip open his shirt.

They appear, their huge periwinkle feathers filling the room.

Ah well... Sky thinks, pulling the fabric of the shirt off himself, that's why he has a large amount of extras.